1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

So.. I released a debut-record!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MichaelJessen, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Hey all of mighty Talkbass.

My band and I just sent our first full-length on the street.

I'm posting it to you guys, as I went through lots of thoughts on my bass sound for our songs on this record, and have learned and absorbed many a thing through time, via this forum!

We recorded the album ourselves, in our rehearsal-space.

I played Lakland basses, through an old worn-out Musicman amp, and a Aguilar 210.

The VT-bass is on at some points, and so is a few fuzzboxes including a Supercollider and an old Colorsound Tonebender.

Check out our whole record at www.facebook.com/gonzotown, or download it complete with artwork at www.gonzomorales.com/downloads

Also, for a one-click-listen go to a video of the opening track here:

I hope you'll enjoy it!

2. Hamlet7768

Hamlet7768 Here to chew gum and rock. Still have gum.

Jun 5, 2011
    Really digging your tone! The song overall has a very southern, bluesy feel to it. Neat stuff! Congrats on your release!

3. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Dude this is great. Downloading now. It's almost like Primus in a sense it musical enough to keep me interested, yet off the wall so in small doses it should fill the spot nicely.

4. dbd1963

dbd1963

May 18, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Wow, super tasty! I'm downloading the whole thing.

EDIT: Instant favorite -- the songwriting is excellent, the tones are superb, the singer immediately likable.. what a masterpiece.

5. Thank you guys very much! I'm glad you like it.

We played a releaseparty this last saturday, and as I've recently purchased a 76' Fender Telecaster Bass for the project, I brought it along.

.. man, was I blown away. So much balls to that bass. It was sometimes difficult making the Lakland have that in-your-face-punch which our music demands, without it being too mid-rangey ... I won't be having that problem from now on, it seems ;).

Oh.. and just a little show-off, as there's always a lot of talk about how guitarists are invading the bassists spectrum, soundwise.
    The guitarists in this band is actually focused on the role of the bass for a change, and the sound is somewhat build around the bassgroove/sound, while the guitars maintain the fizzy-fuzzy aspects. It kinda makes me as a bassplayer do what I'm supposed too, and we definitely benefited from that in the end, I suppose.

Download it, spread it. That's why we made it!

6. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Nice to click on a link for these that didn't suck.

Keep at it brother.

7. Thank you!