Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So I started looking for a new Fender.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 4string4ever, Aug 4, 2005.

1. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    Well, not brand new, but new to me. I'm not asking for much, just an American series olympic white or sunburst P or J with a rosewood board in decent condition. Of course I looked on the 'bay, but it's harder than I imagined. People are selling everything but these combinations.

*SIGH*........I think I'm getting chest pains......... :scowl:

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Have you checked out importing a CIJ '70's Reissue from Ishibashi. They do Oly white with a black pickguard and rosewood fretboard right around $700 shipped and they're phenominal instruments.

www.ishibashi-music.com

3. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    No, I haven't. Just can't bring myself to consider anything other than a MIA.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    You should really check them out, they're phenominal. My #1 bass is a CIJ Marcus Miller Jazz, just ahead of my MIA P-Bass.

5. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks for the link Cecile. There are a couple on that site that pique my curiosity. Emailed for info on them......

6. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Gotta love Olympic white, good choice. Make it a '75 jazz with chrome bridge and pu covers and a red tort pickguard and you have an incredibly pretty bass. Sure the covers get in the way but who cares when it looks so good :D. Can always take em off to play.

7. I played a spector legend 4 string today with PJ pickups and fell in love with it. I just love the PJ tone, but the only way to get one is to sell or trade in my MIM jazz, which is also a very sweet bass to play although it could really use new pickups. but im really gasn for it. I need to do something with my money or gc will get it. :crying:

or should I go for a sx and get new emgs and eq. i dont know what to do :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

8. Yup. That is my next bass.

9. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY

I had my heart set on getting a olympic white P-bass with maple board but Fender doesnt make them anymore :crying: now I'm saving up for a Valenti. :hyper: