So I think I've decided...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by corrosivemind19, Dec 27, 2005.

1. I think I will return my ampeg B2R and get the Yorkville XS400H 2x10 combo. Do you think this will be loud enough for like highschool stuff? Like small to medium gigs. And do you think there will be enough low end on it? I might add a 1x15 down the road but iam strapped for cash if i buy this combo right now.

here is what I changed to:

from a Ampeg 2BR with a Avatar 212

to a Yorkville XS400 2x10 combo (will this be as loud as the avatar and ampeg set up i was originally going to get? I heard that you don't get the entire 400 watts unless you have an extension cab, if you dont you only get 250.)

If you guys have any suggestions or anything like that I'd really appreciate it. My budget is basically 800 or less.

Thanks alot guys for all the help, :hyper:

2. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I've not had any experience w/ Yorkville, but I have heard good things about them. If It's only 400 watt compared to 350 unless it much more efficent, You won't notice a difference. Usually you have to double the wattage to make a noticable difference. With 210's instead of 212's your pushing less air. Unless you like the sound of the Yorkville better, I'm not sure your changing much. But that's for you to decide.
  3. i think ill just add on another 1x15 when i get the cash. But yeah the yorkville is looking like my best bet, i will return that ampeg to GC ASAP
  4. personally I'd stick with the ampeg.... unless the reason your changing is

a) cant afford the cab
    b) tone

Yorkville stuff is good, but that is it. It's not quite the same level as mesa/ampeg/ea/whatever....I think you'd get more enjoyment out of the ampeg... but thast only if you can afford head+cab.