1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So I took my kid to the circus and.....

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by BuffaloBass, Oct 25, 2009.

1. The bassist for the Ringling brothers circus is bloody awesome!! I'm watching the hi wire crew and all of a sudden I hear some "Miller-esque" high speed plucks going on, which brought my ear to the music and put the bassist in the fore.

Dude has got wicked chops. Prolly not a bad gig traveling around with all those VERY ATHLETIC females ( or males as the case may be). ;)

Props to the gentlemen. Very tasty indeed. I had to comment to the community about it.

Peace.

2. paul_wolfe

paul_wolfe

Mar 8, 2009
    London
    I've got a memory that Stu Hamm took a job with a circus in LA for a while....there was a BP story on it.

3. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    I've noticed that when it comes to musicians that play in the circus, Disney, plays, etc. they almost always hire the heavy hitters. I remember seeing "Billy Hill and the Hillbillies" during a Disney trip years ago. The whole band was extremely solid and tight but when the upright bassist took a solo, I distinctly recall having my face peeled! :eek: