Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So I tried out some mark bass stuff this weekend...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by theshadow2001, Feb 27, 2006.

1. theshadow2001

theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Ireland
    My initial reaction was :eek:

I tried out a CMD102 P 2x10 combo and 151 HF 1x15 extension cab. This rig could put out some serious power. It was able to get uncomfortabley loud with this small speaker configuration. The lows that it could put out was amazing.

The combo on its own was amazing again the lows that it could reach with just 2 tens and its sheer power blew me away. It could be tilted back like a monitor which is a very nice feature.

I do think that the combo on its own could do a lot of gigs for a lot of people. Although when the 1x15 was plugged out it didn't sound quite as sweet you did miss that extra bit of low that it could give but none the less it was amazing.

As for portability man that thing was light, I mean really light. For all the old pros out there whos backs are giving out but are still gigging away like it was 30 years ago I'd seriously consider this rig.

The amp itself wasn't quite what I'm into it was very much the definition of what solid state sounds like. For those who like that idea these are very much worth checking out. They reminded me of high class peavey. Although I think that its quite a versitile amp it was very sterile sounding. It being a digital amp makes it a nice size(that size being absolutely tiny)

In fact I was so impressed by the setup that I forked out for a 104HR 4x10 cab to go with my mesa m pulse head. I was looking for a high quality cabinet that was cheaper than what mesa had to offer and that I could hear myself and the mark bass was it. Once I get the 1x15 mentioned above in a few weeks my rig woes and volume issues should be gone right out the door. Im very happy with the purchase. The volume issue is pretty much gone but the 1x15 should be the final nail in the coffin I can't wait!

Oh! On the light issue again I could quite easily pick up my GK 1x15 with the mark bass 4x10 sitting on top. Which I did just for sheer kicks to see how light it really was. :D

All in all mark bass is making some fantastic stuff. When you guys get it over there, if you haven't already, head straight out and check them out.