1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So I tried that amp that I liked... what else should I try in that direction ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Inconnu, May 5, 2010.

1. I've been shopping around for a new, smaller and lighter combo that has enough power to bring it at occasional jams but that would work well at lower volume, for home practice. I'm looking to replace the big and heavy 1x15 combo I've been keeping for that purpose for a while (my usual amp is an SVT with an 8x10, which is carried when that amount of power is needed).

I've been trying a few and after quite a bit of disapointements, I've been very surprised with the performance of the Fender Bassman 150 (1x12 combo, tilt back). Loud, clear, lots of lows. Honestly, I didn't expect that from that little Fender. Price tag is also fair.

So now I'm thinking of compare with other similar amps, like the SWR Workingpro 12 and the Hartke Hydrive 1x12 combo.

Any other suggestions in the price/power/size/weight range I should check out ? Many suggested the GK MB210, but it's pretty much as big as my current combo and I really need to make room... Other ideas ?

2. Jimmy Stump

Jimmy Stump

Jan 27, 2010
    Canada
  3. Jimmy Stump

Jimmy Stump

Jan 27, 2010
    Canada