1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So, I visited Abbey Road today....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DirtDog, Dec 1, 2018.

1. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    ....and by the time I got there, the battery in my gol darn phone was dead. No pics!!! I am a moron.

On the bright side, I played a beautiful 1923 Martin D-28 at Wunjo’s earlier in the day. And a couple of vintage J-200s and a brand new Lowden. All very nice and very expensive acoustic guitars. Guys working there were super cool.

2. Pic or it did not happen. :woot:

:crying:

At least you had fun. :thumbsup:

Even if we do not believe you. :laugh:

JLY, DirtDog, jamro217 and 2 others like this.
  3. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    I use to travel regularly to London on business and always stayed at the Hilton in St. John’s Wood (Swiss Cottage). Abbey Road studios were only a few blocks away. This was before cellphones with cameras and every time I went there I forgot to bring a camera with me which was quite ironic because I worked for Fujifilm.

When I went to Saville Row (Apple HQ) where the Beatles played on the rooftop of the building, I made sure my colleague brought along a camera to capture me standing in front of the building.

TD

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    mikewalker and DirtDog like this.
  4. I visited the Chelsea Hotel in NYC as well as CBGB. Unfortunately there wasn't much of a point to taking a photo at either location.

DirtDog likes this.
  5. ELG60

ELG60 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Mid-Florida
    Growing up in Miami, my friend Dennis has a photo of himself standing in the back yard of 461 Ocean BLVD. Unfortunately, the palm tree had already been removed.

Another friend Lyle, got the mixing board when Criteria Studios either shut down or refurbed. It was the board the Layla album used. I asked him what happened to it at our 20th reunion (20,yrs ago) and he couldn't remember what he did with it.

DirtDog likes this.
  6. Same thing happened here. I jammed with Eric and Ginger last night but didn’t have any film for my camera.
    Sorry no pics. :roflmao:

Glad you had a good time though.

Templar, DirtDog and jamro217 like this.
  7. Yeah? Well I played a '57 P bass on top of a mountain overlooking the ocean wearing a white tuxedo. After my solo Miss July walked up to the stage and gave me her room key. I went to her room, opened the door and... the batteries in my dream went dead and I woke up. :banghead: I hate when that happens. No pics of her, either.

8. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
  9. What do pictures prove these days:
    MAIN-Doctor-Who-Abbey-Road.

10. Skokiaan

Skokiaan

Jun 19, 2004
    New Jersey
    I was there in June, cellphone camera at the ready.

36199822_10156697601103432_5323014280038055936_o.?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1. 35895370_10156697595838432_1126377318227378176_o.?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.

S-Bigbottom, OldDog52 and DirtDog like this.
  11. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    This was the last shot I got before my phone died. To make matters worse, this photo was taken with my crappy work Blackberry. I lost my personal phone leaving the airport and despite a massive effort to find it, it did not turn up.

IMG_20181201_130904.

12. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    American traffic engineers could learn a few things about designing better pedestrian crosswalks by studying those photos. :)

13. Fab Superlative

Fab Superlative

Oct 12, 2006
    Metro Motown
    The Truth Is Out There
    Scroll down in this link for the 24/7 Abbey Road Crossing web cam.
    Abbey Road Studios

DirtDog likes this.
  14. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    I looked at that, but seems only the last 24 hours is available. Of course, I found this page 48 hours after I visited!

Fab Superlative likes this.
  15. Skokiaan

Skokiaan

Jun 19, 2004
    New Jersey
    Not really. It's a busy three way intersection. Pedestrians are very much at the mercy of the drivers trying to pass through. Some of the drivers are accommodating, but some get quite annoyed. Rightfully so, as I saw people running out in the street between cars, camera in hand, trying to get the shot with little regard for their own safety or for drivers trying to get through their day.

S-Bigbottom and OldDog52 like this.