So I visited Mike Pedulla's shop today...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kobass, Jul 21, 2004.

1. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    I needed a setup for my Thunderbolt and had to replace a scratchy volume pot as well. Fortunately, I only live about forty miles from Mike's shop. The setup was $35 ($10 less than my local guitar repair guy), and the pot was replaced under warranty. The work was completed in less than an hour. I got to look around a little. There were several Buzz basses in progress and some Thunderbasses and Raptures that were just about finished. I'm planning to order a Buzz bass within a week or so and I'm trying to decide on a color, so it was helpful to see some of the actual basses there. (The GC near me has had the same "Peacock Blue" Buzz for quite a while now.) Anyway, it's kinda cool to have one of the great luthiers in the world do a setup on your bass. It's also very cool to chat with him for a few minutes. This was my second visit there. Unfortunately, I haven't met Christine yet. She's always very helpful on the phone and via e-mail. I've said it here before, and I'll say it again. Mike (and all of the Pedulla staff) is a class act all the way. His customer service is second to none. Great company-great basses! :D