1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

So I visited Mike Pedulla's shop today...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kobass, Jul 21, 2004.

1. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    I needed a setup for my Thunderbolt and had to replace a scratchy volume pot as well. Fortunately, I only live about forty miles from Mike's shop. The setup was $35 ($10 less than my local guitar repair guy), and the pot was replaced under warranty. The work was completed in less than an hour. I got to look around a little. There were several Buzz basses in progress and some Thunderbasses and Raptures that were just about finished. I'm planning to order a Buzz bass within a week or so and I'm trying to decide on a color, so it was helpful to see some of the actual basses there. (The GC near me has had the same "Peacock Blue" Buzz for quite a while now.) Anyway, it's kinda cool to have one of the great luthiers in the world do a setup on your bass. It's also very cool to chat with him for a few minutes. This was my second visit there. Unfortunately, I haven't met Christine yet. She's always very helpful on the phone and via e-mail. I've said it here before, and I'll say it again. Mike (and all of the Pedulla staff) is a class act all the way. His customer service is second to none. Great company-great basses! :D