Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So I walked into the Low End, was minding my own business when...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Akito, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    I saw this...
    [​IMG]
    Man that's just not fair. BTW I hope Brian doesn't mind me posting these shots. I am a big fan of black basses, and this one looks even sexier in person. It's one of the new bolt-on Benaventes, and it's got a ton of punch. The neck just looks incredible when you are looking down on it from playing position. The flamed maple/mahogany combo is just beautiful.
    Curses on Chris and Brian for always coming up with yet another instrument to torment me. I went for years with one bass and lately so many have passed through my hands... I feel dirty inside :eyebrow:

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I'm not a big fan of singlecuts, but that is one slick looking bass. I pass through Memphis pretty often, and I am going to have to visit the LowEnd Shop sometime.

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Is it possible to walk into The Low End (or any music shop) and "mind your own businees"? :D

Ray

4. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Another Memphian! Now can we get a Memphis GTG!?

The Low End has some amazing basses. No other place around Memphis can you try out exotic basses even near the caliber of what Brian carries. I was able to try my first Ritter and Benaventes there.

5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Spectacular!

6. i would show up to a memphis GTG. i'd love to play a ritter. i can bring my whole rig and a few other tricks.

robb.

7. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    I got to see that bad boy at the guitar show in Arlington, it deffinantly is a looker :)

8. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    Yeah it boggles the mind. Not only can you try out the great basses he keeps in the shop, but you can do it with a variety of great amplification. And while you are there bemoaning the inadequate state of your bank account, you can pick up strings and accessories too. I also really liked this Fernandez 5 he has. Pictures don't do it justice.
    [​IMG]

9. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Martin Music is about to start giving him some exotic bass competition. They're about to become a Fodera dealer.