1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So I want to try my hand at some projects ...

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Ben Heard, May 29, 2011.

1. Lately Ive been wanting to try some sort of project, not like a serious build or anything but more of something to start me on my way there. Aside from adjusting intonation, string replacing and other simple tasks like that Ive been wondering how to get myself started. Also Im still in high school so I dont have limitless amounts of time (or money :rollno:) but Id love some suggestions!

2. Thumpin_P

Thumpin_P

Nov 26, 2006
    Limestone, TN
    Start out with a cheap kit for bolt-on. You can find them on E-bay or Carvin makes a good one, buy some sandpaper for fitting the neck and any blemishes in the wood, a soldering iron ( 40w or higher), solder, flux, and keep asking questions as you go! Do a little online research. Search "electric bass kit (or guitar)" see what works for your budget.