Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So I was attempting to put an MEC BECIII 3 way...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I was attempting to put an MEC BECIII 3 way preapm into this corvette.. Somehow, my 9 volt battery and battery harness decided to liquify. The bass and I were not harmed, but I am soo going back to radioshack and demanding a new one (I Know it's my fault, but those things are 13 bucks each!) Uh.. These things are hard. (I'm figuring out how to get power to the pickups, and ground stuff correctly.) The wiring diagram is for 18V wiring, and this is 9. Maybe I should just make it 18. The battery is shriveled and it smells funny. Not a good sign, right? :D

2. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Hahaha, sorry to laugh but it's kinda funny. Yeah, see if they'll hook you up and definitely toss that battery ASAP. Where'd you find the wiring diagrams for the BEC-III? I've been thinking about converting my Jazzman to 18 volts because my preamp seems so limited and distorts when I turn the bass knob all the way up. Good luck brother.