I was attempting to put an MEC BECIII 3 way preapm into this corvette.. Somehow, my 9 volt battery and battery harness decided to liquify. The bass and I were not harmed, but I am soo going back to radioshack and demanding a new one (I Know it's my fault, but those things are 13 bucks each!) Uh.. These things are hard. (I'm figuring out how to get power to the pickups, and ground stuff correctly.) The wiring diagram is for 18V wiring, and this is 9. Maybe I should just make it 18. The battery is shriveled and it smells funny. Not a good sign, right?