Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So I was checking out Epifani.com....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Steven Green, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    ...and I noticed in the Contact section, you can check which products you would like to have info sent to you. Among those products and unseen on the cabinet page was...

T-412! Anyone else heard of this? I wonder when it comes out and if it's 8 ohms?

2. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Wow, I just got off of the phone with Nick. What a great guy! So he built some T-412's for the Rolling Stones IIRC and they didn't even have time to take some pictures of them before sending them out! So they will be making more in the future, but not right now because, to put it in his own words, "we are known for making small cabinets". It's 1600W RMS!He said it uses a different kind of horn too. More like a PA horn. And, the SPL is CRUSHING!:p

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    ...whoa! I better give 'ol Nick a ringski! I'm in the markey for a couple of 4x12s. And I just DIG the Epifani sound, so maybe this will lead to good things.

4. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    How would YOU describe their sound Brendan?:) I'm hearing 'natural' and also, 'scoopy'. ???

[edit: gotta spell brendAn right, now dont' i?:D ]

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, through an EBS HD-350, it was THE best sounding cab I've heard. If I got a cab for my personal use, it'd be an Epi. I was going to go with an Eden 210xst a while back, mostly because of budget and anal retentiveness (I like my cabs to all be the same company, for a more unified sound, go figure).

I thought it sounded VERY clear, with very good low end response. A hi-fi sound that's not bittle, thin, or "high" sounding. Vert neutral, and very kick ass. I think these cabs are monsters. I dig them much, as does my bassplayin' buddy in crime bassbrobrad.

But now that I'm working, an all Epifani rig could be possible. (I'm a metalhead that things out side the Ampeg...er...box).

Hmn, two 410s, or, even better, two 412s, get an EBS preamp...er, I think I shouldn't stand up. :D

6. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Yep, I'm lookin' at, most likely, 2 T-410's, but that T-412 sounds killer! Too bad it's not available yet!:(

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Then lets MAKE it available! C'mon, who's with me!?

8. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    I wonder if Nick would build me one if I asked...hmmm.

9. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    So his 6x10 and 2x15 are SMALL cabinets?

10. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    I guess...:D

That's only what he told me...