Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So I was flipping through the channels this weekend...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tedintheshed, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    and one of the channels shows a bit from all different staions. So it was showing "Much Music" and on it I saw a power band trio called Muse live. Now I had heard a few people mention them here but I just shrugged my sholders- mainly questions like "what effect does Muse's bassists use on...."

I caught a song and a half- the half song was called "Butterflies and Hurricanes" and the other was "Stockholm Syndrome".

They absolutely floored me.

Was it just me, or are they that good? Thinking of going to Best Buy and getting a CD of them.

Thanks,

Ted

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    No it wasn't just you, and yes they are all very talented.

3. i don't really care for their music, but they're all great musicians. there's a sweet bass line in "hysteria" i like to play.

4. i love that bassline. i learned it, but i barely play bass anymore. ive lost my drive and the time to find room for it. still love these boards though. it opened so much music to me. Kinda wish I started drums and my parents LET me when I asked about 8 years ago ... i could have been good.

5. Aqueousillusion

Aqueousillusion

Feb 8, 2005
    Muse is great! I have there CD Absolution, they have another that i want to get, but i have to find it first.

6. Get "Origin of Symmetry". I personally think its better than "Absolution"