Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So I was watching VH1

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by cap, Aug 3, 2002.

1. cap

cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    the top 100 rock bands of all time. Well...they get to number...like 22 i think...The Red Hot Chilli Peppers. So they come to the subject of flea...And so the sub-subject of Flea's slapping. And guess who comes up to comment. FiElDy and the comment: "Flea got me slapping" The world is comming to an end.
    :eek: :eek:

-cap

2. Plucky

Plucky

Jun 18, 2002
    Underwater
    i'd like to see that....

*yeez, deez guy got mee slappin like clickytyclick and ****z, and now ima pimpin rock star ya kno?*

3. bahahahaa....thats too cute. i'm glad we dont get VH1 here...I would be laughing to much!

4. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    So what's wrong with this? Everyone here has influences... I'm not surprised at all that one of his would be Flea.

5. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    damn straight, why the heck-a-roony should anyone get ridiculed for being inspired by someone?

i know that feildy isnt *quite the effigy of a typical flea student.....but that doesnt mean he cant be inspired by him.

another example would be how i play in a hardcore/thrash/punk band, and im heavily inspired by jamiroquai and the RHCP bassist in question.

Just because on stage im all root notes and jumping doesnt mean when i get home i dont hold down a groove...

:rolleyes:

fin.

*=admittedly not a strong enough word.

6. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Fieldy got me started on bass, sucko.

7. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Then shouldn't your avatar be an adidas or a Puma? :)

8. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Rachel Perry is one sexy Canadian VJ. She's the only one on VH1 who's name I know.

9. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...and this is shocking?!
    I woulda been taken totally by surprise if he cited Milt Hinton, Graham, Louis Johnson, & Stanley as "slap" influences.

10. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Some people never learn. Just quit watching MTV and VH1. Your soul will thank you.

11. Good Point.

12. I saw that a couple of months ago. The list for the most part sucked though. They definitely had some good things up there, but they left out so much. I'm glad (and surpirsed) that Fugazi made the list, but they left out alot of great punk bands. Also, I don't see why Zepplin won.

13. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Touche...:)

14. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Has anyone ever counted the number of fieldy hating threads on TB at one time? Don't be a bunch of koRn-holes.