1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So I Went To A Show Tonight

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MrSexy, Jul 18, 2007.

1. MrSexy

MrSexy

Jul 10, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    A broadway show, Mama Mia if you wanna get specific. The bass in the songs were so funky, I couldn't believe it.

ITT: Discuss places you heard cool bass that you didn't expect to

2. I saw a bunch of musicals/plays on an Alaskan cruise I went on a few years ago. The bassist in the band was playing a 6-string bass and it sounded amazing! That was the real reason I ended up going to as many shows as I could on the cruise! It helped me survive the bass-withdrawl symptoms I was having throughout the 9 day cruise (didn't bring a bass with me) :eek:

3. TK-421

TK-421

Jun 26, 2007
    Denver
    I honestly think you can't get any better live music than Cirque du Soleil. I watched the touring show in Denver a few weeks ago. It's really weird seeing a clown doing some Tony Levin sounding stuff.

4. Lowpro

Lowpro

Sep 25, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    Cirque De Soleil is great, however in shows like Delerium you rarely hear any unique bass lines. Still, awesome shows. They really do some unique freakin' stuff.

5. triggervision

triggervision

May 24, 2006
    super mario 64....It's crazy and I never noticed until today when I downloaded it onto my Wii.

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    the basses forum is one. i never thought i'd get a discussion about bass in music in the forum supposedly dedicated to the instrument itself.

:) this would do better in misc. and away we go.

7. I saw a show Monday...

As much as Sting does in The Police, Stewart Copeland was the true "star" of the show. ;)

8. rob2966

rob2966

Oct 19, 2006
    Vancouver, BC
    ABBA songs have some great basslines. Love the fretless bass on the song "One of Us" - very smooth. I definately am an ABBA fan (and have seen Mamma Mia a few times).

Later
    Rob

9. louieeadg

louieeadg uncle petey?

Jun 13, 2007
    outer banks, nc
    I managed a dinner/theatre a while back and we had that Clive Owen movie, "Inside Man". Good movie. The sound system at that theatre was top-notch too...the thing that tripped me out were the basslines in the movie. It was an electric. And it was phenominal...watch the movie again. Great film score.