Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So....I witnessed a murder last night

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jrthebassguy, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So last night, my band had a gig. Sucked, but mainly to do with the fact that my amp kept cutting out.

Anyways, after the gig the bassist and I (I play guitar in this band) drive from the venue to our practice space to put our stuff in since we don't like leaving it in the trailer. We're unloading our stuff and bringing it back inside. This isn't the nicest neighborhood around, but I never felt unsafe there.

While we're unloading our things, two totally thuggish dudes pass us walking along the traintracks next to our building. They left us alone, so we left them alone and kept to our business. They keep going, and then they go behind a building directly across the street.

That's when it happened. Both the bassist and I hear a loud gunshot. Me, thinking they were just being idiots, they probably just shot at the wall or whatever being dumb, but I still grabbed whatever I could and hauled my ass inside. The bassist stayed and said he saw only one person walk back across the traintracks. Then he runs inside and stay there for about an hour.

Freaked out, we leave, but agree to call to police. The bassist ended up staying at the place and I went home since I had work this morning.

Sure enough, after the police arrived they walked around the corner and found the dead body of one of the guys. A shot straight to the temple, he was dead instantly (which explains why I never heard any screams or anything).

I'm not sure how much info they need from me, but they said to expect a phonecall over the next 48 hours.

2. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    Dude, I'd delete this.

You're a witness to this crime.... and it might not be the best idea to make that public. :meh:

3. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Besides, if you get called to testify in court, this may somehow compromise your testimony. Don't say anything until you've talked to the cops--you wouldn't want the criminal to walk on a technicality.

4. oooh good point. :meh: Maybe take your location off of your profile for a while?

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Thugz use the internet too! They'll find this thread and bust a cap in your head too!

-Mike

6. Wow, that's absolutely terrible.

I agree with everything that's been said. Delete this thread.

7. Somehow, it seems unlikely that this thread will get noticed by a thug. Not to mention Houston is not exactly a small town.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    WAIT!!

What about our post count? You can't delete the thread after all man. :D

-Mike

9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Wow Jake that is sad, glad to hear your alright though.

10. For some reason I feel like I'm being made fun of....

11. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I think the delete the thread reactions are over the top. Unless anyone actually knows, legally, that this will be a problem, I suggest that speculation doesn't help.

12. cosmicevan

cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    wow, when i started reading that i thought the murder was your performance, then when you started talking about unloading gear, i thought you murdered your instrument...but dang...subject lived up to the post!!! great reading...thanks. fear not, you did nothing wrong. it might not be a bad idea to find new space though...

13. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    Unlikely, I agree. I'd even say VERY unlikely.

But stranger things have happened.

14. I wouldn't worry much about the suspects reading your posts, but I wouldn't post anymore info about the incident.

Talk the the cops first.

Take it as advice from a cop.

I see no harm done thus far.

15. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    Maybe your 11 posts per day has something to do with it...
    :p
    -Alex
    Edit--P.S. I highly doubt anyone of the legal profession will ask you what internet forums you belong to, but they most certainly will ask who you have shared this story with, so "random strangers i kinda know on the internet" probably won't bode well with anyone when the case rolls around. That is if you are a witness, of course. You might want to think about this.

16. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    This is heavy.

17. I wouldn't worry about this thread so much, just be careful next time you are at your rehearsal space. My advise would be to find another.

You seen him, did he see you or your friend?

18. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    "There's that word again, heavy. Why are things so heavy in the
    future. Is there a problem with the Earth's gravitational pull?"

Messed up business going on there. You think the guy had any inkling he was going to get it?

19. My firends older brother once watched someone get shot in the face over a game of dice.

Then he got stabbed with an ice pick.

Moral of the story, do not sell magazines door to door in detroit.

20. marthasvinyard

marthasvinyard

Feb 28, 2006
    Hey, what you have described should not be posted. Please don't listen to the jerks here online as they would love to post bad news about you....(human Nature) your posting this to a public forum, has now involved Paul and the defense team's right to request all records.

Shut the hell up! OK? Do you understand?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.