Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So i wrote a full length song in guitar pro and now it doesn't work! Crap!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Suckbird, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    What can i do?

I wrote like 100bars of melodies and riffs arranged for bass, guitar and drums and it took countless of hours and now it doesn't ****ing work... of course, i illegally downloaded the software and used a fake cd-code but the program works fine but my file(the song) doesn't work, i can still go into the song but i cant do anything but i managed to export it to a midi file but almost the half song is erased and alot of stuff is screwed up!!

Can somebody from french translate ""Lecture au-delá de la fin de fichier"" to english?

anyway i'm going to upload the midi file which isn't complete as fast as i found out how to do it...

I have to kill myself if i wasted all this time on nothing...

EDIT: It works when i run it through guitar pro 3 but guess what!! I only have 46bars of the song left, so about 50bars has been erased, and the thing is i wrote a lot of the erased stuff through guitar pro not on my bass so i cant remember how to rewrite it... i hate guitar pro it suck dog poo...

2. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    what can you do?

get the program legally.

my french is pretty rusty... but i believe it says something about reading to the end of the file

3. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    I never had any problems with Guitar Pro 5, but then again, I paid for it. :p

And so should you, it's actually pretty inexpensive.

4. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    " this is reading even after the total time is finished"

In other words, you're "registration key" has expired. Have you tried changing the date on your computer? I've been using my 1 month transcribe trial for a year now, no problems so far :D

5. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    Haha, I rewrote it in an half hour!! Now life rocks!!

I still wonder if i should upload it somebody might steal my ideas :p

Anyway, i still wonder how long it's going to work until it crashes again...

i'm going to change date i guess..

6. liav

liav

Aug 5, 2010
    when you open the file and that "lecture au-del?.." crap pop up, close that pop up window and do "save as" to your file with a different name. than open another random GP file, and than open the new file you "saved as". it worked for me..

7. notdavey

notdavey

Nov 2, 2006
    Seattle WA
    Guitar Pro 6 is the latest version. I recommend actually buying it. You get any fixes updates etc. that you won't get with a cracked / bootleg copy. It's fairly inexpensive and is the hassle and frustration (that you have to do with cracked software) really worth it?

(I work in software, actually music software, I'll leave it at that).