Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

...so if I wanted an original 1960 gig bag to go with my Pbass - How much?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by the dude, Mar 2, 2006.

1. the dude

the dude Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2004
    Indy
  2. :eyebrow: I'd rather spend $150 for a hardshell case.

3. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Did they have gig bags in the 60's???

Really, I'm asking....

4. That was my first thought.

Also, if you owned a 1960 p-bass, would you be carrying it around in a gig bag?

5. RD

RD

Jun 17, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    I believe there were canvas bags for URB's, like Kays, and I had a thin bag for an acoustic guitar in 1970. Bags were not all that common. But, nobody that I new with a Fender bass had a bag.
    RD

6. i thought the same thing too man

yea honestly, and i'm pretty sure i've seen OG hardshells from the 60's for less then that, sorry, but ugly as hell bag. i mean they still where way to much for a case but at least not 700 bucks.

7. the dude

the dude Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2004
    Indy
    I've been a fan of '60's P basses for years - and I've never seen a bag before. Always HSC. I'd be surprised if Fender even made one back then as well - or if they did, I'd wonder why I've never seen one before.

...guess some people have money to burn.

8. BlacksHole

BlacksHole

Mar 22, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    My 1960 Jazz bass had a naughahyde gig bag. It was thin and not much protection.

9. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Absoulutely. You could get a bag or case then. Both were extra money, I believe. My buddy has a '59 for sale at this very moment with the pleather gigbag, original

Rob

10. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005

for $660 you could probably get a hard shell flight case, line it with kevlar incase you get shot at. and then put some fingerprint readers on it.:p