1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

so I'm borderline retarded: Newbie Head/Cab questions!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JoeRules00, Nov 19, 2002.

1. I'm about to close the deal on an Eden WT-400 and an Eden 4x10 cab. But I'm stupid and dumb and ugly to boot, so I really know NOTHING about amps.

How much hookup are we looking at? There's nothing special I've got in the setup, simply bass, amp, and cab. What wires will I need?

The cab is an 8 ohm model. I assume the 400 watts is at 4 ohm. *silence* I'm in the dark here, guys. I've tried to learn the impedence stuff before, my brain is just too small for it. If it lowers the power, as I think it does, how much power would be lost?

Any other ideas, tips, or "Hey stupid! You're pretty stupid!" comments are welcomed. Thanks a bunch!

2. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    Dude, ain't nobody stupid here! Stupid people don't ask questions, you did, so there!!
    All you're gonna need is to connect a speaker cable from the cab to the head-That's it! I believe the WT-400 has 1/4", so just get the shortest lenght possible of a good quality speaker cable (not instrument) DONE! Now play your bass!

Your 8-ohm cabinet will be powered by 200 watts of your WT-400, if you added another 8-ohm cab, you would draw the full 400 watts RMS from the Traveler.
    Don't worry about a thing except the neighbors telling you tgo turn it down-
    BTW-refer all future ??'s to Munji-
    He'll love it!!:D

3. Wow, I understand now! Sweet! Thanks a bunch, Larry!

4. The only thing stupid about this thread is that you used stupid about a hundred stupid times :) :D