1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So I'm buying a new bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sorax, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Sorax

Sorax

Sep 9, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Sadowsky Metro, it should be arriving within a month! :hyper: :bassist:

So - could we stop all the Sad talk in the meantime? The waiting is killing me already, without all you guys praising them left right and center!

Please?

I mean seriously! It's a freaking Sadowsky! It's hard enough without me ordering one, but now that it's on its way I just can't stand it! They're just too good... Thanks.

:bassist:

2. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu
    mabe its not too late to cancel and put yourself out of misery.;)

3. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Congrats, and welcome to TB! Now bring on the pics!!!

:D

4. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    I't will be worth the wait. You're going to love your Metro man.
    Pics!!!!!

5. tripb19

tripb19 Camel - Camel

Jun 18, 2005
    Melbourne, Aus
    :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

OMG that's Sadowsky-tastic!!!

I totally hope it's a super duper bass!!! I heard you wanted to buy a Marcus Miller jazz, but I'm glad you bought a Sadowsky instead. You will find that it's worth the money. Oh yes. Oh it will be. I can't wait for pics!

And I'll try to stop all the Sadowsky talk, even though I desperately want one myself. :spit:

Spock's Beard rule.

:bassist:

Am I using these emoticons right?

6. Congrats! Welcome to TB :)

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Sweet :)

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    What model, color, etc?

9. Sorax

Sorax

Sep 9, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    So anyway, it finally arrived after a delay in delivery, and I was totally disappointed. Shallow, tinny sound. I traded it in for a Fender... and let me tell you as a man with 7 years experience as a session bassist... The Fender is just a better bass. Better tonal variety, better construction and and overall better feel. It's just a better instrument.

All you guys -> save some money, buy a Fazz, get a better instrument. Ignore the Sadowsky hype.

Oh and by the way: It was a Metro MV-5 in natural. I traded it for a Fender Jazz American Deluxe with Ash body and Maple fboard

10. All we Fender players know why ;)

11. BassBuzzRS

BassBuzzRS

Oct 18, 2005
    Norway
    I thought the construction in the Sadowsky was top notch, and the Fenders more variable. Only from what I read here of course.

12. Sorax

Sorax

Sep 9, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Apples and oranges really.

13. :confused: Are you serious Dude? I've had 2 Sadosky NYCs and a Metro here at my place, a/b'd them with my fender classic 60's, and they were much better instruments all round... nothing tinny about them either. phat sound.

14. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Dang, sorry it (the Sadowsky) didn't work out for you... but in the end you got what you wanted, and that's what counts.