1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So I'm considering selling my mim delux jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tortuga, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Tortuga

Tortuga

Dec 28, 2006
    East Bay Area
    and going to a squier vintage modified jazz.

Reasons for doing this-

A) The delux was my first active bass, and i find myself having to work really hard to pull a good tone out of it (maybe its just my bass), but after a year of ownership, i've moved away from it somewhat.

B) The E sounds "dead" on my Jazz , I dont know what it is , i've worked on the bridge(inno, action, saddle ect), changed string brands, and everything, but I just cant seem to get it to sound "alive"?

C) Love the neck of the Squier Vint Mod in comparision to my current Jazz.

Do you think these are good enough reasons to sell of the jazz , or trade it in, to get the squier? It feels so weird to trade down , but i feel like the vint mod is a much better bass for me. The only thing i'm worried about is the longevity of the Squier, i dont want it falling apart on me, leaving me bassless.

any help would be great, thanks!