so i'm dating a drummer...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Shoonk, Sep 21, 2002.

1. the bane of my exsistance and now i'm involved with one.
    and the best part is, everyone at my school thinks i'm a slut because i wore red fishnets with my kilt so now they think i'm servicing him. lovely, isnt it? yeah so go ahead, laugh it up...but hes a great guy! and i hate to put the stereotypical drummer pin on him, because he is really smart, and extreemly smooth...but man...all we ever do is this...
    "hows my favorite bassist?"
    "not bad, hows the loser drummer?"
    "great, did you manage to get lost with all those notes playing bass yet?"
    "no, but i dare not insult the inteligence of one who hits things with sticks for a hobby."

i should put my drummer angst behind me, huh?
  2. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    How're ok in my book...Good luck on the new relationship...I decided to congradulate you befire the others get on and tear you to shreads...hehehehe:D
  3. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    Depends what colour the kilt was :D
  4. Yes, everyone knows those blue tartans are a sure sign of sexual devience. :rolleyes:
  5. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    could be worse. He could play the accordian or clarinet or something....
  6. you should have said "beats skin for a living."

ah classic.(sorry)
  7. no matter what he says, don't hold his drugs for him.
  8. Whoa... don't diss the clarinet players, I dated a girl that played the clarinet once and... :D :rolleyes:
  9. leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    i think there's something sexy about drummers.

10. I stared at this post for 10 minuets. I still cant think of what that would be.;)
  11. FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    every band i've been in has been exactly like a relationship.... so you could say that i've dated all my drummers.... and guitarists, etc...

cool that someone actually took it literally... have fun..
  12. How's things out in SB Falsehood! I never noticed you lived out in Santa Barbara-I lived there for 8 years.

13. To both of you...

HEY! My eleven year old daughter plays clarinet!!

Much love from a supportive (albeit disappointed) father. ;)
  14. Some of the coolest, and some of the most awkward people I've met are drummers, I think they're a lot more variation in personality with drummers than guitarists. I can imagine dating a woman drummer, they're usually very vivacious and funny.

Good luck with the drummer boy, hope you're happy.

P.S. Kilt's rule! I'd wear one if I could find it,
  15. i seriously thought i'd get bass-beaten for that (i make jokes...*sigh*) but yeah, hes a great guy, we watched shreik together last night before i wrote this thread, i'm really happy.

oh and the kilt was grey...or plaid...i dont remember i have two. ah uniforms. can never live by 'em can we?

p.s. i didnt mention we met through a guitarist wanting to start a band with the two of us. he (the guitarist) !insists! on bass solos. SCORE!
  16. FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    its cool here. Start my senior year on thursday at ucsb... the band scene is pretty bad.... but there are cool people. It's impossible to find a bass instructor out here, i just found one last week after searching for months.

17. Better than marrying an axe murderer

*pulls out a trumpet*

18. ConTraBajisTa

ConTraBajisTa Guest

Oct 5, 2000
    auburn, ny
    i'd post a picture but i think even though i haven't been around alot lately, everyone would get sick of me like before...

shoonk, there's nothing wrong with drummers. i've been with one for 2 years... and you'll find out allllllllll the good stuff about them, alllllllllllllllllllllll of it =)
  19. Yea sure- how thin their sticks are and everything.:D