1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

So I'm finally starting to get a board together.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jiant., Apr 11, 2006.

1. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    So here's what I have so far.

Boss TU-2
    Sansamp BDDI
    EHX Small Stone
    EHX Double Muff(In the mail)

I don't know if I'm going to keep the small stone for sure or not, I need to mess around with it some more. I'm looking to add a good chorus and a good delay(I'm thinking the Line 6 DL4). Any suggestions for these two?

2. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    For a chorus, you relly can't get much better than an Analogman Clone Chorus with deep mod.

3. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    The Line 6 DL4 is probably overkill, unless you really need that much delay modelling power. A Line 6 Echo Park or Boss DD-3 is probably just fine for 99% of delay use--and a heck of a lot cheaper.

-Dash

4. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    the double muff is great, albeit kinda noisy... but that's part of the charm, in a way. if you can, but a compressor after the small stone and before the double muff. this sends a nice, even signal to the distortion... (effects like wah and phase tend to vary the output level... it's less noticeable in the phasers, but it's there.)
    you're good with the tech 21... they rock in every way.
    i agree with the other peeps on the delay.... i have a dd6, and it's got more than i usually use... but if delay's your thing, then the dl4's got it all.
    all in all, sounds like a great setup you've got (or will have).

5. Funkypants

Funkypants

Apr 17, 2006
    Cool!

I'm putting together a board too and was just about to ask 'bout the delays. :D

Guess I should give the boss a try.

Thanks.

6. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I got everything, I resold the small stone. I'm going to build my actual board soon.

7. space chorus