1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So I'm gettin an SB-2! Anybody have vintage white?

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by Hugh Jass, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Oct 10, 2008
    Canada eh
    O.k. after much mulling I have decided to order an SB-2 as my first G&L. It just edged out the L-2000 although I'm sure I will need one of them in the future.

So, I like white when it comes to traditional looking basses but the couple of white ones I could find in town are both a very non traditional pearl white (although one had wood binding *drool*) The manager at one of the shops had just gotten his personal custom order which was vintage white with a cream pickguard, satin neck and painted headstock (looked good but a bit..... "pale" if that makes sense).

So I was thinking Vintage white with the cream pg and gun oil tint #7 neck with the headstock left unpainted.

I have scoured the internet and found no pictures of said combo. I know rosewood goes well with white but I really want a maple board.

Does anybody have a pic of this combo or have you seen it in person? I am curious how the darker neck would look with the body colour.

Would the #7 neck balance O.K. ? I suppose it would as It looks like the SB-1's had that neck and body combo.

Said it before, say it again: crap I'm long winded! :bassist:

2. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Not the exact combo you want, but here's an example of Vintage White. In person, it's more of a cream color; it was brightened by the flash:

DSCF3447.

3. Madcity Fats

Madcity Fats Supporting Member

May 28, 2008
    Madison, Wisconsin
    You might also consider the blonde finish, which is slightly translucent. I'm a big fan of vintage white, but had a G&L Climax bass in blonde which I almost kept just for the finish although the bass just wasn't my thing.

If you're set on a #7 neck, you might be looking at a special order. The SB-2 comes standard with the #8 and I don't think I've ever come across one with a #7. Doesn't mean they're not out there, but if you're set on a particular finish your odds may be slim.

Good luck. I love my SB-2. I think it's one of the most elegant bass designs out there.

4. abrahamseed

abrahamseed

Feb 19, 2009
    the Piedmont
    Vintage white L2K with maple neck............circa 1984

Attached Files:

5. bhen

bhen

May 27, 2007
    Munich, Germany
  6. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Oct 10, 2008
    Canada eh
    You guys are awesome! Yeah I saw that one on guitaradoptions, looks great!

I may have to see if I can order it with a second pg thrown in as that black looks good. But then I also like tort..........

Gonna order it tomorrow I think :hyper: