So I'm in Los Angeles now.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Jan 9, 2004.

1. I have a tan on my face just from driving. My apartment in Koreatown is pretty nice and it's in a decent neighborhood--I haven't seen any drug dealers on the corners in and around my place. My roommate is a pretty cool dude.

This could be decent.
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Heh, go find blackbird on the double. ;)

have fun, So. Cal is great. :D
  3. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
  4. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Did Blackbird already move?
  5. Jeep Cherokee. It's amazing how much sun there is up on the hills, though.

It's kind of amusing driving on the Foothill Freeway (AKA Interstate 210--goes from Glendale to San Bernardino). At least in Glendale and Pasadena, it's at the precise altitude where the smog hangs, so visibility is way low.
  6. I think so. We should meet up, but it probably isn't to be.
  7. Where in Koreatown? I'm like 8 miles from Koreatown, it's not the best place to live-but less scarier then everyone thinks. Just keep your eyes peeled for criminals in the mist of 99 Cent Stores.
  8. Magnolia Avenue, between San Marino and Olympic. The block formed by Hoover, Olympic, Vermont, and San Marino is a really nice area.
  9. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Hi Peter, if you get over to the Valley stop by and say hello! Actually I'm in Burbank, a little closer to Koreatown. Nestled comfortably between downtown and the Valley. Right next to Lincoln Park!

We're playing a gig tomorrow night at The Classroom, on the corner of Tampa and Roscoe in Reseda. No cover, lots of fun for everyone! Two very hot chic singers, and an excellent bass player (that's me). :)
  10. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Here's one of 'em...

(Edit: There are some times when I really appreciate being a bass player, note the headstock, although sometimes it is a little distracting bumping butts with a fine lookin' lady while holding down a gnarly slap groove)!
  11. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA

Who's sexy hand on the bass is that???? Dayom. :p
  12. Hey, that's where my hotel was for the last winter NAMM!! I was right off of the 101, I think it was on 2nd or something. Don't remember exactly, I was only there for a couple of days.

Rock on
  13. Whoa, nonsqtr, I should totally hit that.

14. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    >>> You gotta hit KING TACO, it's on 3rd street,
    right off the 710 freeway. Get the carne
    asada tacos with red sauce! AWESOME!
    For Burritos, it's EL TEPEYAC on Evergreen
    in Boyle Heights. You haven't lived until
    you've feasted on their Machaca burrito. If
    you're really hungry, order the Manuel
    Special. It's about the size of a pillow!

15. Noted, dude.

I hit up this awesome noodle shop for dinner last night in a plaza at the corner of Olympic and Vermont. I've never had chichieng mein before, but I think I'll be having it again. :D
  16. Hodori, on the corner of Vermont & Olympic, is pretty darn tasty. Open 24/7, that's where my friends and I tend to go if we get the late night munchies.

Or, if it's not too late, we'll hit up OK Cafe over in Alhambra, which closes at 4, but it's the closest thing I'll get to my good ol' Hong Kong food while I'm here. :p
  17. I know that exactly plaza and that exact street, being Korean and in LAC. This is a natural place where my parents go every week but I tend to stay away from the place because I dislike most Korean food. OK Cafe is like 3 blocks away from me, I nearly could walk there and come back before someone else replies.
  18. The noodle shop I went was a Mandarin Chinese joint, not a Korean one. I didn't go in either of the Korean restaurants there because I feel kinda uncomfortable going into a restaurant where I'm the only non-Korean in there. :meh: