1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So I'm taking a trip to Orlando, and expect to buy a bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Strongjag, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Strongjag

Strongjag

Aug 14, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Beards.
    Thats right, I'm driving down from the frigid Canadian north to the palmy beaches of Orlando with my family for our last big Mom, Dad and kids only trip (at 23 and 21). Mom and Dad are excited for MGM again, sister wants to ride horseback along the beaches... me... Im saving for a trip to BassCentral. I expect to have somewhere between 1100 and 1400USD available.

That being said, looking for some advice since I'll have one trip and one trip alone. I have a Fender P, a yammie 614 and a few others just for ***** and giggles. Looking for something a little more modern and versatile.

Please dont turn this into a "I own x therefore you should buy x" and I know I should just play what fits the bill. Mostly I'm looking for 4 (5 might do) with a nice Pre-and pickups, active or passive. I can deal with 19mm spacing but tend to prefer a bit narrower and I tend to play mostly fingerstyle, sometimes pick. Definetly not a slapper.

Right now my semi-gas list of basses to pick up and give a go are

MTD z4
    Lakland 44-01 maybe -02 for a used one
    Stingray 4
    Fender Am 5 deluxe
    Some kind of Spector

If anyone has any suggestions please please, throw em at me :p

2. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    They have a killer collection of MM's in there. Bongos, SRs and Sterlings.

Take your pick!

3. All I can say is go to BC when it's not crowded. When that is, I don't know.

4. Brim

Brim

Nov 20, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    I've been through BC twice on road trips and it's never been packed. Maybe call ahead?

5. Strongjag

Strongjag

Aug 14, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Beards.
    Yeah, I was gonna send them an e-mail or two, to ask a few questions about payments etc. See what kind of stuff they have in stock. Just ask a few questions, let them know Im gonna make a special trip from Canada to see them :p

Any other bass suggestions guys?

6. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    I'm travelling to Orlando the week of the 17th and planing a side trip to BC. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

7. MoD_Scotty

MoD_Scotty

Jul 22, 2007
    Thrapston, UK
    You know, I grew up in Orlando, and have been back down there countless times since I moved away after high school...and I STILL haven't been to BC. Probably because it's easily an hour away from wherever I stay at when I'm down there. I will make it there eventually though.