Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So i'm the new kid in town...Ibanez lover here

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by XIbanez4lifeX, Nov 15, 2005.

1. XIbanez4lifeX

XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    Ohio,USA
    Hello everyone

My first post ever on this forum, I have 1,100 post on another bass forum but I like to expand and get more input from different people. I have played bass since mid 2003, I also play a lil guitar. I like to record on a digital 8 track recorder quite often. I live in the great state of Ohio. I own the one greatest basses on the planet a Fender Squire P bass. I just recently purchased an IbanezSRX505 and have not put it down for a whole 30 something
    days since I bought it.

I listen to P funk, Metallica, Tool, Primus,RATM,RHCP,Deftones,Clutch,Infectious Grooves, Godsmack and some hip hop.

I like Flea, Trujillo, Claypool, Prince, Rhyno(Mudvayne), Steve Harris etc...

2. Pfft, you think you love Ibanez basses :p

Welcome aboard :)

3. XIbanez4lifeX

XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    Ohio,USA
    Thanks Mohawk, nice collection you have there. I may get there one day. I will probably aim for the BTB next. :bassist: l

4. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    I have a gsr200...and i hate the D shaped neck...those flatter, "faster" neck are great for small hands guys but sucks on my big one. I cant forget how good the fender jazz that i tried on a store felt...C shaped neck is really my thing

5. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Welcome!! I've played several Ibanez basses in the past.. Would love to try one of these:

[​IMG]

6. My hands are pretty big, but i still like em :spit:

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I like my Destroyer! I owned one in the 80s and sold it, after a brief "pre mid life crisis" I tracked a replacement down on eBay.

I thought the chrome was as cool as a bass could be, but in person it was hideous and I had to pull it off. It's now (still) stripped and hanging in my backroom waiting for a free moment to final sand, refinish, reassemble. Hopefully soon :bassist:

[​IMG]

8. dude , that is cool!

9. WillBuckingham

WillBuckingham

Mar 30, 2005
    Anyone care to explain the whole "C shaped neck" vs. "D shaped neck" thing to me?

What kind of neck does my '97 EDB600 have?

10. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Nice bass Will... My first bass was an EDB605 - I've been kind of 'spoiled' as a result. I eventually decided that I'm a 4 string guy and also that the EDB was too modern to be my main bass - but it's a great bass with a wide range of tones. I hope to add an EDB600 to my stable soon. (or maybe a 605 again)

XIbanez4lifeX - Welcome to Talkbass and congrats on the new bass.
    :bassist:

11. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    This is my Ibanez. Never thought that i'd ever buy one being that I only use vintage basses.

[​IMG]

The SR905 quickly made me change my opinion.

Great instruments!

TD
    :cool:

12. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    I used to like it...until i tried a jazz

13. ebladeboi123

ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    Welcome, where abouts in ohio are you?
    I'm from hudson.

14. XIbanez4lifeX

XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    Ohio,USA
    I am from "Little Detroit" or Dayton,Ohio.

Where the cost of living is up
    Your chances of living are down!!

Just joking I am from the North side of Dayton, the "safer side" :bag:

15. Oliver

Oliver

Jun 21, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    i had an SRX 505
    now i play a Corvette 5

but i still love Ibanez

enjoy it bro, its a great bass, can be really nasally, lots of grunt!

16. The first bass I had was an Ibanez.

I miss it sometimes and wish I hadn't beat the crap out of it.