So I'm thinking of joining the reserves...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Chris J, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Like the title says I'm considering joining the army reserves here in Ottawa. Is there anyone out there that is a Canadian reservist? I'd like to chat with someone via email, msn, PMs whatever about it. :eyebrow:
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Read the contract closely. If you don't agree to it 100 percent, don't join.
  3. I know next to nothing about the Canadian military, but I did 3 years in the US Army Reserve after my regular Army 'tour.'
  4. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Great, you joining the army means a 50% increase in Canadian soldiers!:p

...Get it? Because 1=50%, therefore 2=100%, meaning there are currently only 2 soldiers in the Canadian Army. Adding 1 to 2 gets 3, making a new total of 3 people defending our sweet country.
  5. I saw "Canadian Bacon," you can't fool me...

6. zing!
  7. I was gonna scream NO WAY!!!! Then I noticed you're from Canada. You guys are more careful about what you get involved in...

8. Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    woah woah woah...Canada has an army!? Hell, I didnt even know you had guns

9. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Hey now, don't jump the gun. Just because they have an army doesnt mean they have guns. Actually, I'm pretty sure their weapon of choice is a moose launcher.
  10. You guys aren't supposed to know about the moose launchers until the invasion....I've said too much. Time to use the memory erasing ray (By which I mean the revolver). Seriously though our helicopters are in shambles. I read a story that a Seahawk helicopter crashed into the Atlantic near the Maritimes. The crew called for help. Now I'm not sure if there weren't any helicopters available because they were all broken or if the rescue chopper hadn't arrived yet but the crashed helicopter managed to start it up again and fly back home. I don't know how to feel about that. :meh:
  11. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA

There's no messin' with the bayon-antler! ;)
  12. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    My only question to anyone wanting to join any military service is: Are you willing to kill and to die for the things your leaders believe in? If not I'd say come up with another plan.
  13. kegbarnacle

Nov 18, 2003

Actually, this would be a 100% increase. If there is already one, adding one more is 100% of one. If there were 2, and then you added one, that would be an increase of 50%. Or it would be a 50% increase if only his legs joined; or he became a Mountee, which would likely bring imaginary numbers into the equation.
  14. Dan1099

Aug 7, 2004
    That's um, exactly what he said. There are currently two, adding you makes "three people defending our sweet country," thus, a 50% increase.
  15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Are they black helicopters?
  16. Dan1099

Aug 7, 2004
    Really black. If you asked how much more black they could get, the answer would be "none more black."
  17. So they're the blackest of the black, floating helicopters. From MP&THG we can infer that clearly these "helicopters" are witches! Quite the insidious plan you Canadians plan to unleash- witches, moose launchers and revolvers!

I'm envious.
  18. kegbarnacle

Nov 18, 2003

Oh. Well there's that college english/reading class paying off again! I knew I should have laid off the cliffs notes.
  19. i joined, i was an infantry soldier day ... i thought it sucked and quit....

My suggestion is to join service if you do join...not infantry... be an MCS op.

Even better. join the navy... the conditions are WAY better. when its hot, in the navy, you put on the AC, when its cold you put on the heater... in the armyyou put on a jackert or take one off :). Also, you get to travel and cruise, just practicing your position, for me, Naval communicator... also, you dont dig many holes in the navy :).

The pay is good, I tried it, but it wasnt my cup o tea... so I got out. There is a lot of swearing at you, etc... :)

Good luck with whatever you decide....Also, the recruiters sugar coat it... they act all nice.. but onceyou joined they are arrogant bum-holes.

First day. the guy said, before you come back get a hair cut!... I said, ok my mom can do it... he says, she knows how to give such and such a haircut?? And I said, well yeah, she owns a salon... he snarled and said well all i know is a barber knows how to give a haircut...

10 mins later he asks me if i can stick around till 9:30, I said, yeah I have no plans and asked him what time it was now... He starts yelling "You dont wear a watch! You better get a watch before you start your military career!"

People will go out of their way to be... well... butt-holes...

If you like taking orders, and dont have a problem with people yelling at you for no apparent reason.... or for atiny reason like the tag fell off your wash cloth in the wash.... "Where's your tag!" it fell off in the wash... "Well sew one on!"

if you have a question, I'll use my limited experience to help you out :).
  20. Join the Army. See far-away lands. Meet exotic people. And kill them.