1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

So I'm upping to Aguilar..

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by _Cthulhu_, May 4, 2006.

1. _Cthulhu_

_Cthulhu_

Mar 15, 2006
    Texas
    Pip pip.. pippy pip..

I was wondering if anyone out there could help me..

I live in Texas and the Aguilar dealers around here.. well the 2 that I have been able to get ahold of don't have any payment options.. it all has to be payed up front.. well I'm not a rich sob.. I need something I can make payments on...

I went to the Aguilar site with no luck either... Anyone know a store/dealer with any kind of payment options? I'm getting ready to pull my hair out.

2. What about music123.com or another big internet type company, dont they usually have payment plans?

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Why not save up for it? ;)

You know, the old fashioned way. :)

4. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Musiciansfriend.com

Otherwise, just wait. It'll make it that much better. Trust me. It took me close to 3 years to get my DB750.

5. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
  6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    austin bass traders near you?

7. TheBrad

TheBrad Baby step bassist - 90% n00b

Jan 16, 2006
    Mountain View,CA
    1,954.15 is B-Stock. So it is blemished, probably void of warranty too then.

Anyway, as other's have suggested- save up. I am in the same boat as you, but rest assured you will get yours before I get mine. :crying:

8. schmittuml

schmittuml

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    +1 on saving....you can find a good tone for less (for now) and itll be easier on your wallet when you save and pay cash....... installments will suck and if you sell it used you'll make barely a fraction of what you paid

9. Want a DB750? This is why god invented tax returns.

-Nick

10. _Cthulhu_

_Cthulhu_

Mar 15, 2006
    Texas
    Haha. Yeah... saving up.. I'm 18 with a job that pays $10 an hour... Band mates are already pimpsmacking me because my lame equipment doesn't compare to theirs.. and it's nothing half decent enough for gigs... >.< I'm hurting bad here. I have about $2100 right now. I'm looking at the AG500 and the GS412... I could probably pay it off in 4-5 months and I figure putting that much down on it.. payments shouldn't be that high.. wouldn't lose much.

And yeah Joker, Austin Bass Traders is about an hour drive. Gas being how it is.. I haven't been able to drive up there.... The Bass Imporium in Austin had the stuff I wanted too but eh.. durka durka..

11. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Guitar Center is now an authorized Aguilar dealer. They have a promotion running right now- 0% interest for a year.

Problem solved.

12. _Cthulhu_

_Cthulhu_

Mar 15, 2006
    Texas
    Problem solved was right.. Thanks dude..!!!!

13. $2100?! You have PLENTY of money.

Used DB750: $1500. Leaves you $600 for cab. Shouldn't be a problem at all. You can grab an Ampeg 8x10, 6x10...or any of the Mesa cabs. Not sure how much those normally go for, but i'm in the process of selling my Mesa 6x10 and I don't plan on getting more than $400 for it. You'll be fine.

-Nick

14. _Cthulhu_

_Cthulhu_

Mar 15, 2006
    Texas
    Yeah.. I got plenty.. I had the opportunity to play on the DB750 and the AG500 along with a few Aguilar cabs...

The DB and the AG are both awesome and I'd be happy to own either.. but that GS412... I've played on a lot of cabs just toying.. but I really loved that sound... I may go ahead and pick up my head and save for the cab.

15. Don't sweat it man. I'm not exactly old (i'm 28)...but I definitely wasn't playing through that kind of gear when I was 18. Heck, I didn't spend $2100 on my CAR when I was 18. Don't worry about your bandmates complaining. There's a ton of great sounding gear out there to be had in your price range, Aguilar or not. Take your time and decide what's best for the money...keeping in mind that you don't have to spend all of it, by any means, to get some decent gear.

Good luck and have fun...that's really what it's all about anyways, right?

-Nick

16. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    Ah, I didn't see that it was B-stock, but Music123s policy says that while B-stock items may be blemished, they still have the full manufacturers warranty. This thread looks resolved by now, but I'm just throwing it out there.

17. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I think the question is, do you really need the 412? I mean, it's a beast cab; and it sounds amazing. But what do the guitarists in your band use? As tempting as it is, you don't want to drown them out (yes, this is blasphemy to some).

Would you really be using it to the full potential, or could you get by with a 212?

Trust me, I have the most GAS possible for a GS412; but my current playing situation wouldn't really allow it. At least, IMO. I would hate to see you get such a sweet cab and not get to really use it. Especially if you're going to put it on credit.

Just my $0.02

18. _Cthulhu_

_Cthulhu_

Mar 15, 2006
    Texas
    Well thing is I have a decent amount of money.. I just fixed up my truck, payed off some other things...

I got my band, I'm in my college's Jazz band as well as some other on-the-side things..

The way I've been looking at it is "Hey, I got the money... Why not go ahead and get the biggest goddamn bang with my buck?" It's overkill with the cab, I'll be honest.. but It's sexy overkill...

As far as the equipment my mates use. They've all got pretty big cabs.. Both of em play on Ampeg.. I don't know exactly what type of heads and cabs they are but they're pretty big.. I know the bigger cab of the two pushes some high wattage and has a sound you can hear a mile away. I'm a young guy playing with guys in their mid-20's.. so they're a little better off financially.. ;P

19. Nothing wrong with $10 an hour! Im 20 and getting &#163;5.05 an hour, and im a student so i dont work as much as id want to, ok, so &#163;5.05 = $9.40ish, but gear over here is almost double what it is on your end, save up for it man! And dont get me started on fuel prices, we're paying close to 3 times what you guys are ! :p

20. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    1. sell old gear to fund new gear
    2. save up the old fashioned way.
    3. BUY USED.
    4. If your gear isn't making you money and you can't afford new, why do you need something so expensive?
    5. Buy Carvin, better bang for the buck.
    6. After some of the comparo's here, A B1500 is half what a used DB750 is. You may come across a used one for even less than the $800 asking if that's the kind of power you're after.