1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So it does seem like Spector is in the works to make a Mike Starr signature model!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TUEP, May 4, 2010.

1. TUEP

TUEP

Apr 8, 2007
    Mike was my biggest influence, and I emailed Spector about this, and PJ Rubal of Spector emailed me back.

"hello -

thanks for the email. I am glad you are interested in our basses.

I have been talking to Mike about some type of model for him but we have
    not finalized any details yet. the plan was to make them an offered model, yes.

talk to you soon,

PJ Rubal
    National Sales Manager / Artist Relations
    Stuart Spector Design Ltd
    800.825.8810 National Sales Office
    703.279.8075 Direct
    845.246.0833 Fax
    spectorbass.com"

This will be awesome. I always hoped he would get his life together and bounce back and start playing music again!

2. TUEP

TUEP

Apr 8, 2007
    bump for the early AM AIC fans

3. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    only a good 15 years too late. why would spector do that?

Leiria likes this.
  4. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    +1

5. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    I'm curious, what is Mike Starr doing now days besides getting arrested for petty theft?

6. mcapote

mcapote

Sep 9, 2009
    Miami Florida
    because he is on TV with the VH1 has-been druggies show. I always liked him as a bassist, but after watching his bipolar actions in that show I lost a lot of respect for the guy. he is definitely manic

7. mcapote

mcapote

Sep 9, 2009
    Miami Florida
    smoking meth and shooting heroin

8. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks I build Grosbeak Guitars and Basses Commercial User

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Grosbeak Guitars
    Mike actually mentioned something about it on that VH1 show, rehab with Dr. Drew. (My gf watches it)

I'd be pretty suprised if Spector actually made him a signature bass available to the masses.

Don't be me wrong, he was awesome in AIC but that was a long while ago, and now he's only on tv because of his drug problems. IMO thats no reason to get a signature model.

9. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Seems like a choice that would be begging to be some form of embarassment for the company. IMHO, not a great marketing decision.

However... "talking about" and "wanting" in an email often doesn't translate to 'actually happening'.

10. TUEP

TUEP

Apr 8, 2007
    Actually he was on love line with Dr. Drew a couple months ago, and sounded a lot more level than he was on the show. He ended up getting further treatment, and probably takes meds for his bipolar behavior.

Ace Frehley told him , he might have him come on a track on his next album, and I hear he is putting together a band called Motorcade.

11. Leiria

Leiria

May 21, 2015
    This whole thread is really sad now. Specially this:

12. TUEP

TUEP

Apr 8, 2007
    Well every now and again I get to pay tribute to him. I own his original Ampeg SVT-II amp that he used in the studio and tour for Facelift and Dirt. As I type this I can look over to my left and see the markings that are on the amp, that were made for his tone. At least I got that. Amazing I made this post in 2010, and then in 2015 they made his signature bass.

Tbone76 and Leiria like this.
  13. Leiria

Leiria

May 21, 2015
    Cool. Can you post some pics?

14. TUEP

TUEP

Apr 8, 2007
    Well it took some years but they made it didn't they.

Tbone76 and Leiria like this.
  15. TUEP

TUEP

Apr 8, 2007
    Yeah give me a minute.

Leiria likes this.
  16. TUEP

TUEP

Apr 8, 2007
    To the right is a 106th copy of the Dirt album on the wall.
    Photo by * ****

Leiria and Tbone76 like this.
  17. TUEP

TUEP

Apr 8, 2007
    Leiria and Tbone76 like this.