1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So...Italia basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wdinc01, Jun 12, 2007.

1. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Today I started looking at Italia's line of bass guitars upon discovering that Musician's Friend sells them. I also discovered that if I bought of one each model (four string, right handed), each in a different colour, it would cost me a little over $4,000.

So does anyone have any experience with Italia bass guitars? I did a search and didn't really get much of an answer (although to be fair, I didn't look very hard...). I'm particullarly interested in the Mondial models. I know someone on here had one up for sale a few months ago. Anyone else have one?

2. bearfoot

bearfoot Inactive

Jan 27, 2005
    Chittenango, NY
    I've been dreaming of the black Mondial with flats on it for a while, but no, it hasn't happened yet, don't know anyone who's seen one.
    The seafoam-ish colored one, that I think you would only be allowed to play in the presence of Jimmy Buffet.

3. I saw some band play live awhile back and the bass player had an Italia Mondial in seafoam green. Don't remember much of their music but I really liked the tone coming from the bass. I remember talking to the guy afterward and asking him what type of bass it was since I had never seen an Italia before. Really purty.

4. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    Don't know a thing about them, but the Torino model is sure cool looking!

5. bassman10096

bassman10096 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    I heard good things about Italias a couple years back but can't remember where. All I came up with was a lot of positive reviews of Italias on Harmony Central.

6. Rvl

Rvl

Dec 23, 2003
    Aomori Japan
    I have one and I like it
    It has a really big sound
    Looks spectacular on stage and so many people have commented on the sparkle finish

Thanks

Robert

7. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    I read a review of the Mondial a few years ago that said it was the sleeper bargain of the bass market. Can't remember where I saw it.

8. Rawkabilly

Rawkabilly

May 4, 2007
    Central IL
    I have a Italia Maranello guitar that I picked up used on Ebay. It's fun to play and looks cool, but the build quality is pretty cheap. It's definitely style over substance. I don't think I'd buy one for full sale price.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021