1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So it's begun already....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by capnsandwich, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Tourney time. Who's your final 4?

I've got Memphis, Louisville, UNC, and Pitt with Louisville winning it all.

2. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I'm in a pool. I've drew Loiusville. I'm pretty stoked.

3. I've also got Pitt winning in another bracket but I think my first bracket is more accurate. Louisville is getting into a rhythm at the right time.

4. bassalo

bassalo

Jan 23, 2008
    CT
    I've got Memphis, Louisville, UNC, and Pitt. Pitt wins it all.

Although I'm rooting for UCONN.

5. That's my second bracket to a T except I'm rooting for Michigan State.

6. I've got Louisville, Pitt, UNC and Memphis, with Memphis taking it over Pitt. Of course, Memphis needs to wake up against CS Northridge. :atoz:

EDIT: Whew... that was too close for comfort.

7. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    In this first round I've got Loiusville AND Alabama St/Morehead St, Ohio St, Kansas, USC, Mississippi St., Florida St, and Temple. I might have a shot. Mississippi could be a dark horse IMO.

8. crimson_basser

crimson_basser

Jul 9, 2008
    Montreal
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    Memphis is in for a rough ride. Their schedule is a little too easy during the year, theyre going to have a tough time adjusting. Just look at what happened this afternoon.

That being said, my 4 is Purdue, Wake, Pitt, UNC with UNC winning it all. I dont care if Lawson is hurt, UNC's bench is too deep for that to make a difference. They have too many dangerous players. I dont buy into that propaganda.

Also, best wishes to Coach Calhun. I think this will hurt Uconn quite a bit, though i already had them going out in the third round loosing to Purdue.

Watch out for VCU (again), Florida State, Boston College, Utah State, Wake, Arizona State, Western Kentucky and Clemson.

I think ill scan and upload my brackets, just to compare, i have a feelings its quite different than most of yours. Maybe a little more hopeful for my teams.. but this is my more realistic one of the two i made. (the other being a Wake win...:) )

EDIT: Here it is

scan0004.

Im a little more confident in this bracket than in past years, Ive been following a lot more, and i looked a lot into my choices of teams this past week. Trying to take all the factors into account, teams beat, strength of schedule, stats, bench, size etc.

Still excited for this all to play through :)

9. bad_andy

bad_andy

Sep 21, 2005
    Omaha, NE
    Memphis...

10. WickedPissah

WickedPissah

Jan 22, 2008
    Boston
    Louisville def UConn, and Villanova def Oklahoma.

Then

Louisville def Villanova.

11. So far I'm 100% on my bracket. I figured Maryland would win but what's up with Memphis scraping by a 15? Too late to change it now.

12. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    So much for Mississippi state. :scowl:

13. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    anyone else take West Kentucky over Illinois like me??

14. Nope. I've got the Big Ten doing fairly well in the first round. So far Minnesota's the only one that's let me down, although I picked Texas over them. We beat their tales off twice this year, once by 28, so I couldn't see Minnesota beating anyone seeded higher than them.

15. crimson_basser

crimson_basser

Jul 9, 2008
    Montreal
    I do :)

EDIT: So much for Clemson.... they looked alright this year.
    If anything, i picked them just to show all the Big Ten/Big East pushers that there is another conference that many people seem to forget about.

I still have an ACC strong pick in my brackets, well see how it plays out. Im excited to be watching Duke-Binghamton.

Still not doing too bad on my brackets, besides Clemson.

16. Jerose

Jerose

Nov 28, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    Louisville, Memphis, Pitt and UNC in the Final Four. Louisville taking Pitt in the final 82 to 77.

But I'm still rooting for Syracuse all the way!

17. crimson_basser

crimson_basser

Jul 9, 2008
    Montreal
    VCU loosing screws up my brackets hardcore. Them and Clemson loosing.. damn.

Maynor could definitely have found a better shot than that.

18. Syracuse, Connecticut, Villanova, and Louisville in the final four.

19. Illinois messed me up a bit but for the first day I'm off by 2. I doubt I'll do that good today though. The Mid West was a tough region to pick.

20. jokn388

jokn388

Apr 11, 2007
    Maryland will make it to the elite 8, with a legit shot at beating UConn for the final 4. You heard it from me first. They beat Michigan State, UNC (the best team in the country), and Wake. They have proven they can beat anyone in the league this year, and came on strong at the end of the year and in the ACC tournament. And with an experienced coach in Gary Williams, they will make a splash the next 2 games to play UConn in the elite 8. This is NOT the same team that lost to Morgan State and Duke by 40.

So my final 4 will be Maryland/UConn, Duke, UNC, and Louisville. UNC over Louisville (very original)