Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

so...it's time for another update

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Acacia, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hey all, it's been a while since i have been around. Just wanted to drop a note on here for those that know and those who don't (yet!).

After some squabbles about musical direction, I decided to leave The Renegades of Sluts in November. Auditioned for a few bands since then but nothing I was really interested in. So I decided to form a Motorhead tribute band. Been practicing for about a week and we have 7 songs down. Bass-wise I am holding my own, but vocally, Lemmy isn't as easy as he sounds. It's also a learning process for me to play and sing stuff other than backing vocals. So far it's been fun and after we get about 12 songs down, we'll start hitting the clubs.

What's up wth you folks? :ninja:

2. I was told once i should make a Motorhead coverband cause my style is alot like Lemmy's and i can nail Motorhead songs really good.
    But i have no intrest in it...id rather do my own music.

You want to sound like Lemmy? Take up smoking and alot of drinking! :D

3. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I prefer doing all originals as well. The main reason why I left my last band is that they wanted to do more covers and write fewer originals.

After 3 months of not finding folks that wanted to do some original rock and roll, I decided to do the tribute band. After our first gig, we'll start writing some originals. Both of my guitarists are fantastic.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Nice to see you around again, Sean.:) Good luck with the new band.

Check out my band's new website in my sig. We have some new mp3s up.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I left my hard rock band, and took up with a bluesy/jazzy/pop band. I start my state job as an ITSS in another week or so. I lost over 20 pounds in the past couple months. Not much else.

-Mike

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, but after that 15 minutes what do you plan on doing?