1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

so ive got space for one more on my board

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Noosh, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Noosh

Noosh

May 1, 2006
    North Carolina
    i have enough room on my board, if i play my cards right, for another pedal the size of a boss/digitech style pedal... right now i have a Korg Pitchblack => Digitech Bass Driver => Ibanez Bass OD => Hartke Bass Attack => Morely Dual Bass wah => Amp

any suggestions on something to fill this gap. in the near future i plan on getting a NYC pedal boards Big Shot, but for now i would like something to fill the gap on this smalled board.. im thinking maybe chorus... delay.... possibly a reverb.... maybe an octave...

i donno, if it were you, what would you personally fill this void with?

price isnt really a whole lot of a factor

Oh by the way! im also looking for a more versitile/tweakable wah, suggestions would be much appreciated.

2. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Sounds like you need a micro POG or a flanger. What kind of music do you play?

3. Noosh

Noosh

May 1, 2006
    North Carolina
    Forgot to mention, i play in an Alt/hard rock band, with just one guitarist so i have plenty of room to use effects. i was thinking of a flanger as well, but i just wanted to know what other people would get if it was their choice, not just what i want/need.

4. GingerConor

GingerConor

May 2, 2008
    Dublin
    id go with a microPOG for sure, especially for hard hark, and to fill out the sound.

Conor

5. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    delay :D

Like Lin6 echopark.

6. almix12

almix12

Apr 3, 2008
    u could switch out the wah for one that does something like a wilson or dunlop and have space for two more!

7. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    If it's just you and another guitarist then yeah, get the micro POG.

8. almix12

almix12

Apr 3, 2008
    also, if you're looking for an octaver
    (for an octave down effect)
    the OC-2 is relatively-very cheap
    I owned an OC-3 but i wasn't overly happy with it, it did the job but not awesomely
    and i hear rumors that the OC2 is better but i dont have any solid evidence of that or if that's for bass or g****r

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Micro POG.

10. Geddy Claypool

Geddy Claypool SX J-75/Traben Neo 4 -> SVT-CL/SVT-810E

Aug 3, 2008
    Maryland
    MicroPOG or Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai.

11. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    get a micropog/pog or a digital/analog delay...

12. Noosh

Noosh

May 1, 2006
    North Carolina
    well, the general consensus seems to be for the micro pog, and i have been looking into it and it looks like a very interesting pedal. i think im going to check it out. while im on topic here, does anyone have any experience with EHX's Knockout pedal? if so share your experience with it, i may end up walking away with 2 pedals =]