So JimK, tell me...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by dancehallclasher, May 13, 2002.

1. just how big is your record collection? it seems like you recommend three or four different albums on every thread around here. :D

so can i get an estimate as to how many albums you own? do you have any pictures? please tell me you have pictures.
  2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    you know... i was wondering the same...
  3. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    And i thought i was tough because i had 40+ CD's....boy was i wrong...
  4. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    It's a disease goin' back to my 12th Birthday...on that day, I received my 1st 3 'real' albums & was hooked.
    (Led Zep III-The cover looked 'cool'
    Jackson 5 ABC-I liked the the title tune
    Santana Abraxas-I liked "Evil Ways" & got the wrong record.

I have 2000 LPs
    ...I'm guesstimating at least that amount in cds.
    Needless to say, a lotta junk(ie "coasters") is included in there; I look at some of the albums & think, "What the Hell?!"

At the old defunkt Jazz Central Station website, some poster claimed to have 27,000 albums...he must live in a warehouse.

...& ask Jerry or Brad what they have socked away over the years!
  5. ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    damn thats alot of tunes. i thought my parents collection of about 400 was big, with my cds and my sisters ones she left here id have about 500.

but you been colleting them probably longer than ive been alive, since you were 12 u 16 now.
  6. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Got any reggae in the arsenal of yours Jim?
  7. yow! that's a bunch o' wax.

off topic, what's a guy gotta do to get written into your will? ;)
  8. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Hasn't Bruce Lindfield also got an equally absurd amount of CD's?
  9. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    How 'bout I leave you my copy of The Osmonds' Phase III?
    ...or perhaps the Dawn debut album("Candida", "Knock Three Times", etc).
  10. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Not really, Cassie(didya see my post in your Reggae thread?). ;)
    I have ONE Bob Marley & The Wailers' cd-
    Babylon By Bus...& maybe 1 album by Sly & Robbie.
    I do have a lotta Latin Jazz in the house...
  11. SCORE! i'm gonna hold you to that.
  13. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    I think when I get older I'm gonna get close to that,because im 14,and i only have 40 cd's,but its growing very fast.I'm on a "buy a cd every weekend" program.I got $200 for Christmas,but now its all gone,so it feels weird not being able to afford it...but im starting to take money outta my bank account!hahaha!
  14. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    i havent made it to my reggae thread yet Jim, Im slowly workin my way to it.

Sly & Robbie are they a group or just a rhythm section....I read someone say something about them being with Black Uhuru thats why Im asking. I dont know if they went solo or not.
  15. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    How do I get into that program? I'm on the "buy groceries every week" program.

I think I do a CD every month or so. My next two are gonna be: Slippery When Wet and Purple Rain. I may throw in a few Ramones CDs too, if I can spare the cash.
  16. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Oh,my parents are on that too!
  17. Geez, my collection just makes it over 200+..I used to buy a CD a week, a lot of times 2 or 3. I was young and foolish then though, I learned that it doesn't matter how many CDs you have, so long as you savor and enjoy all the ones you do have, and that they truly touch you. When I was buying several CDs a month, I found I could never really get into and understand the songs...if a CD didn't jump out and grab me I shelved it. Then, months later I would listen to that CD again and feel so enthused and amazed...more than once, a CD I thought was crappy turned into one of my fave albums! And other ones that I had loved turned into crap for me.
    Of course, I still want more CDs, there's just too much music out there, and everytime I buy a CD by a new band that I like, I'm immediately opened up to tons more!