1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So just how good is the Carvin B25 (Brian Bromberg) series, anyway?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by songwriter21, Feb 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Hello All,

It seems that the B25's are not talked about much on here at all, or even the Carvin forums. I'm probably pulling the trigger soon on an S model, and I wanted any and all input from you B25 owners. I'm maybe going the SCP/bridge humbucker route, too.

I've pm'd a B25 owner, got a good response, and I'd also like to hear what other owners have to say.

Thanks!

2. tercesyrev

tercesyrev Supporting Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    I've read a lot of good things on TB about the Brombergs. In fact Brian himself chides in every once in a while.
    Carvin is kicking butt right now. Their build quality is even better than it already was and now with their new electronics and pups they're holding their own with all the big boys (at a lower cost and with more options)
    Bromberg's are fast playing, sound great, well balanced and have a very unique shape. If Carvin made them in six string, I'd have on those too.

songwriter21 and fender68 like this.