Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So just what is your cup of tea?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ducksual, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Teabag - Black, No sugar

8 vote(s)
    20.5%
  2. Teabag - Milk, No sugar

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  3. Teabag - Black, Sugar

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Teabag - Milk, Sugar

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  5. Tea leaves - Black, No sugar

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
  6. Tea leaves - Milk, No sugar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Tea leaves - Black, Sugar

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  8. Tea leaves - Milk, Sugar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. However it comes.

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  10. Tea, what's tea? - I prefer coffee

9 vote(s)
    23.1%
  11. Only if it involves carrots

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Ducksual

Ducksual

May 19, 2003
    UK
    The phrase 'not my cup of tea' seems to have been appearing too much to me recently so I just thought I'd get everyones views on the matter. So...

What is your cup of tea?

Personally I prefer Earl Grey with milk and lots of sugar :p

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Teabagging, what? :D

I always drunk the teabaged Rose Tea (the boxes with the porcelain animal inside) with milk and surgar.

Haven't drunk tea in probably close to 10 years.

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Leaves, black, green and roibos[sp?], brown sugar or honey.

Coffee, homeground, arabica beans, mineral water, brown sugar, milk or cream.

4. Teabag, milk and two sugars. Although sometimes it's tea leaves with the same combo, and sometimes, it's the carrots option...:p

5. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    I prefer coffee... black as mud.

6. Me too, but I like to have a cup of tea (teabag, no milk nor sugar) once in a while, for example with a great dessert. Since I rarely eat dessert, I don't drink much tea.

7. av_rockstar

av_rockstar

Oct 4, 2003
    So. Cali.
    A few kush stems, seeds I'll keep for the yard,
    a little sugar and BAM.....lol Couchbound.:eek:

hehe
    ---------:p

8. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
  9. anybody ever tried "Gunpowder" black tea? it's really cool, you pour little balls (rolled up tea leaves) into the bottom of your glass, then pour in hot water, and watch the balls unravel, by the time they're done unravelling, your tea is ready. it's really quite exciting...

... as far as tea goes...

......:oops:

oh, and you guys who put any kind of milk product in there......aahggah! no thanks.

Honey, if anything.

10. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee!

11. This has a very soothing effect on the eyes, IMHO. :)

I don't drink that much coffee or tea (except when it's very cold out) but, of the two I prefer coffee with real cream, no sugar. If it is to be tea, then I'd like it as strong as possible, cream, no sugar.

Mike the soda drinker. ;)

12. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Earl Grey green, hot, 1 pack of Sweet 'n Low.

13. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    No milk, no sugar, none of that garbage, not in anything.

Except with the carrots.

14. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Black coffee. Darkest roast possible.
    Black tea, no dairy, no sweetener, boiling water. Green tea, no dairy, no sweetener, boiling doesn't seem to matter as much.

Embellisher, sweet and low is poison. Try that splenda stuff, haven't linked that to cancer yet, AFAIK.

15. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I personally am rather adamant when it comes to my tea water, I always patiently wait until the water boils properly before pouring it in. Anything less just wouldn't do.

16. I have read many times that it is important to NOT let the water reach boiling point.
    It has something to do with dissolved oxygen content or something like that. The lady at the tea store on belmont (chi) freaked at me when I mentioned actually boiling the water, and the pamphlets that came with the tea that I bought (more gunpowder tea, this time in a cool green bag) were just as adamant as the freaky lady.
    I am now looking for this dragon/jasmine gunpowder tea that has actual jasmine flowers wrapped in the tea leaves....... should be really cool for romantic evenings.

17. If I ever drink tea, it is green tea. So for that I have it black with a ton of sugar.

As for my coffee, I enjoy it with a little cream and a mountain or two of sugar.

(Caffeine good:D )

18. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    Turkey-Istanbul
    When it comes to tea I am quite the connoisseur. Black tea, prepared in porcelain kettle and pot. brewed over light fire (preferrebly wood fire) and of course no sugar. 1/3 brew 2/3 hot water.

Here you go:
    [​IMG]