Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So like... here is my day, ok?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Yesterday... I woke up at 10:48 AM. I have not been asleep since that time. Almost 32 hours.

In that time, I have gone to work, taken a lady friend to breakfast, cleaned out the old truck i was driving before i got mine. And by cleaned out, I mean I took all my junk out of it, drove to the self-car wash, and degreased the engine, pressure washed the under carriage, etc... not just a simple get most of the crap and lock the door.

I came home... made an awsome song making fun of emo.

Then I painted and hung new doors. Then my sister said I was being a jerk. Apparently, I'm a jerk when im tired.

So, what did you do on this day?

2. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    this is suppose to be a better threat.... i fart in your general direction... screw this... i will start a better threat on my on!

3. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
  4. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I work for a living. Get a job punk! :D

5. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO

:p

6. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Yeah I've heard Meth can do that to ya! :D

7. My song making fun of emo is way better than yours.

8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    dude. i totally just filled the wheel barrel 5 times with fill dirt, and took it to its needed location, but like.. i had to stop cause i didnt remember where my step dad wanted the rest.

9. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    My job fills me with a terrible rage and an urge to backhand slap tbe 50-year old lady aristocrat golfers.

The worst is when they talk about their thongs to each other... :spit:

10. So your a...............gentleman of the evening? :confused:

11. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

12. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Not quite.

I work at a country club. You'd be surprised what some people (especially people of such means) will say when they think no one's listening. The thongs are just the tip of the iceberg. :rollno:

13. hahahahaa " Well Yesterday Doris, I found a salmon in my...........................................I dont know how it got there, I guess its just that time of the month"
    Ewww I can only imagine.

14. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    This thread pwns all.

15. Well, how about yesterday...

I got up, took a shower, put on some clothes, ate a bowl of cereal and a crappy frozen breakfast sandwhich while surfing the internet. I then drove to the metro, rode it to Union Station and walked to work from there. Outside the office were two big black SUVs, and in the lobby were several guys in suits, including Senate majority leader Bill Frist. I went into my office, did the usual. (digging up articles on senate races and emailing them to everyone at the RNC) I went to Union Station for lunch and had a double-cheeseburger from Johnny Rocket's. I went back to the office to resume my "Dem-watch" project.. Michael Steele walked by and said hi sometime mid-day. After a brief errand to Dole's office in Dirksen, I finished work, went home, ate dinner with my family and played Natural-Selection for a few hours before retireing for the day after declining to go out for a little bit.

16. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    i got up.
    had a bath.
    washed my hair.
    spliff.
    dried my hair.
    put on makeup.
    watched caberet.
    sang.
    played bass.

now internet.

soon, work.

17. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

Ok since best thread got closed i will continue the second best thread...

Yesterday I was going through my stuff from camping... and I found a pretty big lizard in my pants... it was there for about 5 days... a big lizard... in my pants... pretty big... in pants... I liked it...

Pwnz all but my...

18. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Got up at 11:30 (worked late last night)

Picked tunes for the next gig

Called promo guy for next gig (first paying one, it's at a hall with 200 people and we're the main entertainment for over two hours)

Called alto sax player to get in on the gig, he's in.

Talked to guitarist about gig, setlist, and details for the gig that are necessary.

Got a call from girlfriend, picking up her trumpet tomorrow and bringing it with me to her up at her campground when I visit next Thursday.

Listening to Paul Warburton's (TDB guy) quartet.

Now I'm listening to Eva Cassidy and chilling a bit before practicing for the next gig (we're basically doubling our setlist.)

Work 6-10, and then the alto player is calling me back. After that it's my exercise for the night, and then I'll be beat.

19. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    My day was pretty good, unless you count the 7 hours of packing fish :D
    This was my last day of work here on this side of Iceland. I'm going to Reykjavík on Monday :)
    I got home early, but went back to buy alcohol. (I have to celebrate the last weekend here!)
    If you don't count when I went get the pizza, I haven't been outside. And I have no reason to go! :)

20. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Didn't do my exercise, played DB for a while (learned "Fever" and practiced "A Night In Tunisia.") Probably gonna hit the hay soon...gonna play some Battlefield. And then THAT will have been my day.

PS: Work sucks. It's no packing fish, but there's only so much raw chicken I can stand in a day before I want to start hucking it at customers to get them out of the place so I can go home.