So Loud Technologies just bought St. Louis Music.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Yup. My company owns Ampeg. Welcome to the family... :D

I'll try and dig up the press release soon.
  2. I'm just waiting for the cool swag.
  3. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    Where is So loud located? im just curiouse because your location is Mass.
  4. LOUD Tech. is a corporate umbrella.

I work for EAW. (we're in MA)

Also in the fam:

Tapco (by Mackie)
    SIA Software

& now St. Louis Music (home of Ampeg, Crate, Alvarez....)

I'm just excited because it's so cool (imo)
  5. jusplayinmybass

Apr 17, 2003
    Conyers, Ga
    Keith McMillan Instruments, SIT Strings, Accugroove Cabinets
    get them to make a preamp only version of the PB800.
  6. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    thats very exciting, you better get a
  7. Right? I'm banking on it. v:O)~
  8. That's cool. Do you think they'll alter the products/production/etc much?
  9. Did your company buy all the legal rights to use Ampeg and make decisions there, or does it just own over 50% of Ampeg stock?
  10. Aahhhhhhh!!! Ampeg is going to hell! Aahhhhhhh!!! The products are going to hell! Aahhhhh!!! The sky is falling! Aahhhhh!!!

I just wanted to be the first to say that. :)
  11. Oooh!!! I'm going to go out and get a Pre-MonRominee Ampeg! It'll be worth BANK!
  12. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    Does this mean that quality control will be degraded? Will the "B" series all be made in China? Will the warrantee on pre-buyout equipment be honored by the new company? Will customer service be eliminated? Will GC be having a big closeout on the SVT-CL this weekend? Will the SVP-CL preamp I ordered last week be a super collector item since it is pre-buyout? When it gets here should I leave it in the factory sealed carton and put it away as an investment or just use it? Maybe I should buy up a few preamps from the old stock in the warehouse to score some "pre-So Loud" gear before the company goes to hell? :D
  13. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin' Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    Yes to all your questions. BTW, I've got a new B100R (pre-So Loud!) that I'll sell you for, say, um, $5K.
  14. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    Guitar Center is having a sale!!!!
  15. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    I've been waiting so long for GC to have a sale. Why didn't I get a flier in the mail? As for the B100R, I had one for a while. Still have some nasty scars on my shins. Check out that "Pros and Cons of Combo Amps" thread. :eek:
  16. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin' Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    Oh no: something THAT valuable you don't gig with!
  17. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    Mon Rominee,

Have you tried playing bass through any EAW's?
  18. First off, you guys are hi-larious.

I'm unsure how this will effect their proceedings...I'm just a manufacturing lackey...who works for don't talk back...eeee..... ok, I'm done.

And to answer the last question, yup, I've played thru EAW cabs with my SVT and all that. There are some cabs here that would make AWESOME bass cabs. You wanna talk flat, accurate response? Every cab EAW makes is voiced to be very flat (no not as in lifeless, just neutral colorization...a very good attribute in FOH gear.). So you really do hear your amp.

So yeah, just wanted to share the good news, because I'm pretty thrilled by it....

And my mission is to get them to re-issue the scrambler pedal.

Oh, that bug I be puttin in some ears. :D
  19. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    They must have announced it all at back from the meeting yesterday, grabbed lunch, looked here, and there was the post already!

I wouldn't look for anything immediate or drastic as far as significant changes.....we were told by Mr Engen (Loud CEO) that essentially, they were not looking to mess with or mess up a successful business anytime soon. That makes sense.