So many FX pedals, which one should I buy??? HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Biznitch, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Im looking for a MultiFX unit for under £130,

So far the Alesis BassFX, Digitech BP50 and Digitech BP200 have been recomended, are these good choices?

Is the Digitech BP200 worth buying instead of the BP50 or is the cry baby pedal not worth the extra money?

Please help me out im still a bit unsure.
  2. Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    The BP200 is definitely worth the extra moolah IMO. You can set the pedal to do a lot of things- volume, effects level, wah. Pretty cool toy, I think.

It's more than $130.
  3. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I know that this completely goes against what Electricmayhem said, but if I were you I would go for the BP50... I have one, and I gotta tell you that it is great, and is has virtually every effect you could possibly want, at a cost that is much, much less than the BP200. When you get more money you can attach an "expression" (whammy or volume) pedal to the BP50, if you feel you must.

Hope this helped!!! :)
  4. Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    Good points, BassGod.

But you'll never seduce me to the Dark Side. :D
  5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    It's also entirely possible to build an expression pedal. All it requires is a passive volume pedal -- something easily constructed.
  6. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I find the BP80 to sound better than the BP200. Worth a try.
  7. LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    I don't want to start a war but I much prefer individual effects pedals. I never found a multi effects unit where I actually like each effect and there are always a ton of unwanted effects pre programed. Individual boxes are the way to go
  8. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Very true, however Digitech does very nice multi-fx. There's a bit more of a learning curve with multi-fx pedals, and it doesn't offer quite the flexibility, but it's good for seeing what you like.
  9. krazy_olie

May 10, 2004
    Well if you aren't looking for great quality look at the cheap multi's. IMO multi's aren't worth getting unless they are good quality like the boss meb50 or gt6b. The most comprimising thing would be the Boss V-wah, has distortion and wah for £100 or so probs cheaper in america.
  10. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

There is a Korg AX-1B for 60 bucks in the classifieds right now.