1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So many Questions ....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SwingeyP, Mar 14, 2008.

1. SwingeyP

SwingeyP

Mar 14, 2008
    Im not sure this is the correct place for this but I couldn't find anywhere else to put it.

I have been playing bass on and off (more off) for many years and used mainly combos. I have recently become a bit more professional with my gear and have the following :

Trace Elliot GP12SMX Preamp
    Trace Elliot RA300 (High)
    Trace Elliot PPA1200 (Low)
    Trace Elliot 4x10
    Trace Elliot 2x15

Gibson Grabber (1973) - It still works ...!

Boss GT6B

Ok I have almost sorted all the issues with cross over and high and low pass etc etc ....

So some questions. I can never seem to get enough gain from my trusty old Gibson... It just doesn't seem to drive the preamp I always get the increase gain light and never the OK light. The Bass is passive - anything I am doing wrong here? - Is it possible to raise the pickup on a grabber?

The effects - I have always used a CE2 Chorus but recently splashed out on the GT6B (seemed like a good idea at the time). I have always had my effects in line but the preamp has loops for this. I am not sure how I should connect this. It would be nice to use the stereo effects that this thing can produce. How do I wire it?

Thirdly - Full range or split high and low. Whats the best?

I am experimaenting with all this at the moment so please fogive my ignorance.

Cheers - Paul