1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So many threads; so little searches...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by gottawalk, Mar 23, 2006.

1. I must say, there's some real blind spots for some people when it comes to threads started that have been done previously. I know that I, also, get a little frustrated in the threads that keep showing up every other day, and sometimes twice in the same day on the same subject. (I just saw another thread about flying with a bass.)

The thing is, though, as much as it gets a little frustrating, it's still not worth getting so upset about! With new people joining, there's got to be some fresh ideas worth posting on an old theme out there, so let's give some of these threads a break. Even the ones that bring up things posted before like the bass with the disappearing frets. Even though it was done to death for a little while, it was amazing how many posters on each thread about it hadn't seen it yet, or had more to say about it.

It's time to get back to the "if you don't have something (constuctive) to say, in a thread, then don't say anything at all" kind of forum. My hat's off to "BartmanPDX". He jumped into the "Airline" thread, let the person know they could search for lots of stuff, and then went on to give some positive feedback on the subject. That's what it's all about. Helping each other out.;)

Thanks for letting me comment a little, and I hope not too many people have brought this up before....:D

"Good night, and have a pleasant tomorrow!"

2. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    Just to be fair, I know some people who just can not formulate a productive search. Some live in my house! (Still love you honey!) I work in a help desk support like environment, and routinely see people who just can not put together a phrase or words that will get them to where they want. Some of us excel at it. :D

Others post just to be chatty, or because it's a learned behavior from other, less distinguished boards.

3. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Next time, please do a search. Someone makes this rant about once a month.

:bag:

4. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Someone just posted the Mikey Guitar fretted/fretless bass in the basses forum again... :help: