So, much to my dismay, the band name has been decided.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I was outvoted. Our band is called (get this), Red. Yup, Red. Of all the names that were suggested, this is the most generic, and probably the hardest to promote.

Music fan A: "Dude, have you heard of this band named Red? They kick major ass!"
    Music fan B: "Never heard of them. I'll look them up on Google and find out about them... *clickety clickety click* 201,000,000 hits! Aw, forget it. I'll just keep listening to Limp Bizkit instead."

And guess who's in charge of developing the website? Me.,, red.anything, and just about every permutation of the word red that might have to do with music are already taken. This sucks. If anybody has some suggestions to what webdomain I might use that isn't used up, I'd gladly hear them.

So now I am in a somewhat generic sounding band with a generic band name. That's two strikes. Time to start up a side project, methinks. Besides, is still available...
  2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Not bad, I kind of like it. Is the current site yours? If so, it is looking good!
  3. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Well look at the bright side. It's the name of an awesome King Crimson song.:D
  4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I'm sorry for you Benjamin. Thats about the most boring band name I have ever heard! I think you need to really show them how much of pain it is for promotion purposes and get them to change their minds. Dude, I feel your pain. The band I'm currently in is called "Drunk On Mondays" :eek: ***?! :crying:
  5. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I sure hope your t-shirts are cool.
  6. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Slogan:- Are you seeing Red?
  7. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
  8. that'll get everone thinking about chevelle though...

why don't you make red stand for something, like "redundant evil dogs" or something cool like that?
  9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    regurgitating elf dookie
  10. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Radically Enlarged Di.......

11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Radically Enlarged Diodes?
  12. Dude, it must be possible to convince them that this is a bad idea. I mean, I like the color red, but that's an awful name for a band. Your reasons are better than mine. The name is impractical for promotion oriented reasons. Surely your bandmates will see the logic in this. Convincing them that it's there idea would garauntee your success, though that will be dificult if you've already made your opposition clear. Read the Art of War and stay awake for a week. And wear a your best poker face.

Oh yeah, and if you have time for a side project, do that too.
  13. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Well, I was going though the AllMusicGuide looking at all the various other bands/artists called Red, when I came across this ironic entry:

The band was originally known as Uisce Beatha, but changed their name to Red after they discovered that several other bands had the same name.
  14. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    who couldnt see that coming?? I mean heck, Uisce Beatha is the most popular crayon in the crayola box.

I vote for "pink without white" as the new band name or the website
  15. Red??? Sounds like a Sammy Hagar tribute band... :bag:
  16. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
  17. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
  18. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002