Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So my band finished our EP with weird time changes, keyboard bass, and a jazz waltz!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Aug 31, 2005.

1. After a exhausting week, my band got our CD done. Wow, I never realize how much mastering makes a difference!

www.myspace.com/atroopofechoes

Be sure to leave us with any feedback, it'd be appriciated.

2. Bass Player

Bass Player

Aug 31, 2005
    England
    Just finished listening to Porcelain and I thought it sounded pretty good. Not normally the kind of music I enjoy so the fact that I enjoyed it must mean your doing something right somewhere! Keep up the good work :).

3. Bump...

come on, any more comments?

4. The Owl

The Owl

Aug 14, 2005
    Atlanta GA
    Very cool stuff indeed!!! I love the sax a ton andhowyou guys make the time changes sound so natural!

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Dude it's awesome that you guys got more stuff down! I'm so impressed by how young you guys are... I totally sucked at everything when I was your age. And my musical tastes weren't developed as well, I just listened to Megadeth. ;)

This is really awesome stuff, when are you going to tour Northwestern PA.

6. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Dude thats cool stuff, I really like what you guys have going on.

7. I dunno, we might never. If we do play out it's going to be around the RI area in the winter when we all get breaks from college/school (I'm the only one in high school).

If you were in town when we played, you could so jam with us.

8. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Very very very cool stuff, be very proud!

9. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Same thing other people have said. I don't normally like music in this genre but this sounds great. Really easy to listen, and has a awesome flow. Pretty good recording as well. 9.83? Ya I think that's about right, 9.83. Congratulations!

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

That would be awesome, but you guys are way better than me. I've never jammed with a horn player, it would be fun.

Regardless, you guys should write more songs with swear words and them and be like, "yeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh."

I'm really tired/shouldn't be typing. Regardless, keep rocking the jazz prog hard. You guys aren't exactly the same, or even close to the same, but I think you should listen to some Gentle Giant if you don't already... once again, because I'm tired. Regardless "Free Hand"... Gentle Giant. Damn... I'm tired.

11. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    it sounds pretty good, a little too calm for my tastes but it flows pretty nicely. The sax is a nice touch...

yo Matt, what's wrong with listening to Megadeth? :spit: :D

12. Calm?! Did you listen to the end of porcelain?

13. I like it. The drummer is tight. I can't even count the time sigs.

My band has one song with odd time sigs, but that's it. Sounds like it would be a lot of fun to jam with you all...how long did it take you to get the timing down together?

14. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    FF, that was damn cool. :D

15. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Also, I jsut checked your profile. You're the same age as my little bro, who is turning into quite the blues guitarist. You kids these days are getting better and better. When I was 15 I couldn't dream of making the kind of music you are. Great stuff.

16. Dude, you don't even know...

I remember we were working on it one time, and it was in the second section. We had been arguing about weither one section was in 7/16 or something else. Our then guitar player turn and said "Oh wait, it's only 7/8"

Only 7/8...

I have the sheet music for it (yes. Sheet music, although from an earlier version, the time sigs are the same. I might scan and post the full thing up. )

These are the time signatures going in order of the B section

12/8, 15/8, 7/8, 15/8, 11/8, 15/8, 7/8, 15/8, 11/8 and then back into 5/4.

When you look at it on paper, it's such a stupid song. It really is.