1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So my band had a crazier moshpit than the Misfits

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by hyp.spec, Oct 18, 2010.

1. hyp.spec

hyp.spec

May 14, 2006
    Warren, MI
    My band was the last opening act for Juicehead and the Misfits last Saturday, and our mosh pit was the most intense thing the entire night.

Out of 9 bands, including the MISFITS, we brought Harpos Detroit down to the ground....

I'm still stoked.

:)

Just wanted to tell ya.

2. precision punk

precision punk

Mar 15, 2009
    That's awesome bro! I love circle pits and I can just imagine how good it felt to see everybody moving to you're music! The Misfits are coming to my city in November so I'm pretty stoked on that. They were one of the first bands that got me into punk. You should also check out Balzac which I'm pretty sure you already know but they are an awesome horror punk band also.

3. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Just remember that a good mosh pit does not necessarily mean that your band is great (though Im not saying you guys aren't). Back when I was younger and in the metal scene we would mosh twice as hard to the really bad bands just so we wouldnt have to listen to them.

4. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    a good pit is always fun. It sux though when you'rea big guy and all the other people are afraid to be in a pit with you.

5. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually

Dec 17, 2007
    San Diego/LA
    Hey Debbie Downericus....who put vinegar on your ice cream cone? So not like you!

Congrats to the mosh pit though. Always makes you want to rock out even more onstage so as not to be outdone by the crowd!

6. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    Moshpits at Harpo's..that's a given.. Rockin harder than the Headliner...!@#$'n AWESOME!!
    BTW-They still have Dollar Pitcher Night?

7. we (the fallen) got that @ every gig. Congrats!

8. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I was given too many lime slices as an infant.

9. hyp.spec

hyp.spec

May 14, 2006
    Warren, MI
    except for the fact that A LOT of them came up to us after words and were like YOURE AWESOME!

:)

10. Phendyr_Loon

Phendyr_Loon

Sep 4, 2010
    I would have to say if anything he's taking a reasonable approach to this.

Also, I can see MANY bands having a bigger mosh pit than a band like the Misfits, it depends mostly on the bands following.

Look at the age range of the Misfits fans, lets say 15 to 55 (yeah the band is that old). Now look at the age range of fans of a modern band, maybe 15 to 30.

Now I'm not trying to be disrespectful or anything, but if you fill a room with 250 Misfit fans and half are old people, less fans with be moshing compared to a band with a younger following.

11. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    Im not exactly a fan of the new misfits. So most likely the reason behind why you had a better pit then the misfits is because danzig is no longer singing for the band... Dont get me wrong i love danzig era misfits but i wouldnt even call the pro wrestlers with devil locks in the band misfits.

12. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Hey man, I meant no disrespect, so you know! Im sure you guys were awesome! I was only making a general statement, not really directed at you, that pit size is not relative to skill & talent. Really glad to hear you guys rocked it!

13. somegeezer

somegeezer

Oct 1, 2009
    England
    Well the misfits aint exactly going to get the biggest of pits. I don't think I'd ever risk myself in a Death Metal pit. As much as people will get you up if you fall, I wouldn't want that few seconds of trampling in the first place. =P Though it sounds like you had tons of fun at your gig and that's always cool. Especially when you have others enjoying it with you.

14. hyp.spec

hyp.spec

May 14, 2006
    Warren, MI
    We were also talking to several of the employees at Harpos... and they've said out of all the shows they've had their, the Misfits moshes were the craziest.

And for us to have a crazier mosh than 9 other bands?.... yea :) :bassist:

15. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    it's always great to have the best any thing (fo'shizzle)!

16. NickDillinger

NickDillinger

Sep 2, 2010
    Thats amazing, im a huge fan of the misfits, congratulations man

17. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    Damn shame about what Jerry has done with the Misfits name. I saw them last time they were in town, and I left after 3 songs. :( Congrats on blowing them off the stage tho!

18. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    PS: Got a link for your band?

19. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    Its not exactly jerry only that ruined the misfits for me its michael graves. He sounds nothing like danzig. And shouldnt be playing the old songs.

20. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    Not to further derail, but while Graves and Danzig era Misfits are way different, I find myself enjoying both equally. They're two completely different bands as far as I'm concerned. Running around as a 3 piece, with Dez and Marky Ramone to bring "star power" to the band? That's just lame.

Go check out Gorgeous Frankenstein, Doyle's new band. A bit cheesy, but at least it sounds good live.