so my band wants this from me...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by The Antipop, May 30, 2004.

1. first off it is new metal

they want me to write a full song that is thick and full (or chunky as they say) but they don't want it complicated at all.

I did it, too complicated, no room for the guitarist....

I am soo lost and pissed, if only the guitarist didn't owe me money, I would be so gone a few month ago
  2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    How much money, if you don't mind my asking? On a completely unrelated matter, what type of guitar and amp does you guitarist use? Sorry to keep switching subjests so randomly, but have you ever used ebay? Anyway, good luck and hope you figure out a solution!
  3. he owes me $420 Canadian

he uses a marshall stack and an Ibanez guitar
  4. Where do you guys practice?

If you have easy access, I would steal his guitar and/or amp and sell them on ebay, (which i think is where blisshead was going ;) ) It's probably not a real swell idea, but at least you'll get your money. :meh:
  5. I'll get the money, Im just torn, I don't like the music and he wans me to write the song that is in his head... sadly he wont tell me what it is.

guitarists.... a*****les....
  6. Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    Is everything, besides not being able to write the bass line that he has in his head, going well for the band? If this is the only problem, work with him on this so he can get his "song" out and running. Just think, if this does not go well, he wont ask you to write a very simple bass line but if it sounds good, your screwed. He might want to do it again. Its a tough situation. See how this works (and get your damn money) and go from there. :)
  7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Tell him to change his guitar parts to fit what you have in your head.

I was joking about the stealing.

-or was I ?

I'm not sure.
  8. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    You could always tell him to stop sucking and be able to play something more complicated than eight note power chords.
  9. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA

He wants you to write the song that's in in his head? Okey dokey. :rolleyes:
  10. So basically he's on your case because you're not a mind reader ???? :rolleyes:

If it were me, I wouldn't worry about the bassline being to busy and there being no room for the guitar ...
    He wouldn't be able to play anyway, since his guitar would be stuck where the sun doesn't shine. :spit:
  11. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    :ninja: I write riffs that are in my band members' heads all the time. They give me some barely coherent singing version of it, and usually I am able to figure it out. A couple of our songs were done in this fashion, actually.

12. doesn't play eight note power chords... it is NU-METAL, the pop punk version of metal.

Ya I was pead about it last night, I seem more calm now, maybe the rain but I'v been working with him on and off since I started playing and well, I think its time I move on.
  13. So that'd be what, like one or two note chords?

Tell him that you'll be happy to write the song that's in his head, "as long as it's this one", and then play him your piece again. Failing that, he can bloody well cough up your C$420, insert his Ibanez in a semi-convenient orifice, and go to his next costume party as a Popsicle.

I'd have no qualms about selling his guitar out from under him if he decides to be a jerk and stall for more time, or even if he decides to continue on his little ego trip.
  14. Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Steal his guitar and hold it for ransom.