Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

so my bands gonna be on cbs national news?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BassManPatsFan, Nov 2, 2005.

1. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    yep thats right....CBS news just came by my drummers house to film us playing a couple songs. It sounds kinda weird, i know, so here goes the story....
    Last year and over the summer both my guitarist and drummer have gone to an audiologist in Boston to get custom earplugs fitted. Basically, our music is pretty f-ing loud and the cheap generic ones havent been doing the trick. Soo said doctor happens to be a great guy who was in a band as a kid and took a liking to our guitarist. He emailed him a month or so ago saying that he was asked to participate in a CBS new story on music and hearing loss and asked if mikel (guitarist) and our band wanted to participate. Naturally we said we'd love to but didn't really think much of it i guesss because it seemed way too good to be true.
    Fast forward to about 6 days ago when the CBS national news center calls up mikel's house telling him that they're coming the next wednesday (today) to interview him and film our band playing. The mere thought of this was pretty unreal and never really sank in (not sure if it even has yet), but we accepted and have had a longgg 6 days waiting it out.
    So this brings us to today where a four person CBS film crew came to our drummers house to film us playing some songs for the segment. Turns out we'll only be on for 20-30 seconds or so, but being on national tv is being national tv!!!
    They said the segment should air in a couple weeks and they'd keep us updated as to exactly when.

Just thought I'd let you all know about this...I'll keep you all updated too as to when exactly our piece will be on.

Can't believe this is happening.... haha
    any other TBers been on national tv? just wondering?

2. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Keep us informed!

3. thats cool!
    i have a pair of custom ear plugs, i have an uncle who is an audiologist and he has been giving me the talks since i started playing bass!
    When are you going to be on?

4. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    wow, that is really awesome.

congrats.

definitley let us know when it airs

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Is that bitchen, or what? I gotta get me some of them earplugs.

6. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut

To which he replied, "WHAT?!?"

7. I was on the news once, but I don't like to talk about it. ;)