1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So, my campus was evacuated today....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by HiFi, Jun 5, 2007.

1. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Southern California
    I'm a junior high teacher, and this happened to be the highlight--in a bad way--of my day:

http://cbs2.com/local/local_story_156144103.html

Ended up being nothing, but it was a hectic day to say the least.

We were on lockdown, then asked to leave our classes to go to the field, then asked to huddle into the corner of the field, and then evacuated by bus to the local high school.

We were able to return a little while later after the bomb squad gave the 'all clear.'

I'm fairly spent....

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Glad everything was resolved safely! In the days following the Columbine shootings, our high school received, IIRC, 14 bomb threats through the end of the semester. One of my best friends lived near the school, so a group of us would just walk to his house and wait for either the "all clear" or word that school had been canceled for the rest of the day. For a week or so, we were walking through the halls with police officers and dogs. That was terribly unnerving at exam time!

3. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    Good to hear it turned out alright.

Something similar happened at my high school during my senior year. They had found a typed up bomb threat in a printer in the library, and a teacher called in a mysterious briefcase tucked away in the corner of a classroom. The school was evacuated and everybody was bussed to the middle school and then sent home for the day. The briefcase turned out to just have school supplies from a project, but it's coincidental discovery with the threat was what prompted the evacuation.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 20, 2021