Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So my friend was assaulted....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My mate Sammy was attacked by 2 townies the other day. Apparently they said 'So you and Fisher(me) are gonna stab me are you?'. One of them jumped on Sammy, but Sammy got the upper hand and was just about to beat the crap out of him, but then another guy came up and punched him in the face, then they ran off. WEll he has a fractured nose, and a very swollen right cheek(just udner his eye), which is impairing his vision. Sammy knows one of these guys from when he was at Sammy's school, but we don't know who the other guy is. We've never spoken to either of them. However, we think they might be friends of a guy who was giving Sammy racist abuse on MSN, and when we blocked him, he got a friend of his to invite us into another conversation where he could abuse Sammy some more. Anyway, he was threatening to kill us, and stab us, and stamp all over our faces. In the end we had enough and said we'd beat the crap out of him if he said it to our face. When we said that, he said he'd meet us, so we went along to the agreed location, and sure enough he didn't show up. Well, the police are now involved, but if we feel they don't punish these n0bs enough, we may have to go and get some revenge....... :scowl: :mad:

2. If you've got a copy of that msn convo, send it to the cops for the racial comments. All else aside, they should take those seriously. Far too many posts on TB these days about people getting beaten up. Sorry to hear about your friend, Nick. Hope trouble avoids you and your friend recovers well.

Leigh

3. It's pointless, an MSN convo can be edited. It wouldn't stand up as evidence.

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I'm getting a strong feeling of deja vu about this....? :meh:

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Sounds like you asked for it.

You should get your vacuum after those buggers.

brad cook

6. If you have a non-edited copy of the file, then the file itself will say that it hasn't been edited since it was first saved. If nothing else, you could use to show to the cops in the event of any other future bashings. They may not believe you now, but if they have the convo and you guys get bashed by people who have no alibi, then its going to look sus.

Leigh

7. My mate asked to be called racist names? I hate racists with a passion. These guys started it. and we're gonna finish it.

8. Well ,the ystarted being threatening, and us being us we told them to go and screw themselves. When they carried on, we jsut told em we'd beat em up if they said it to our faces. We said we'd do it, and we will, when we find them.

9. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Dude, an eye for an eye and you blind the whole world. Seriously, I know that you're angry and I know how it feels to absolutely want to get back at someone, but you have to ask yourself, is this worth it? If you let the cops handle it, fine, but if you take matters into your own hands then I hope you appreciate the risk you are taking... If these guys are racist jerks then you have to ask whether they are really worth it? It just sounds like you're angry and I hope you don't do something in your anger that you would regret...

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    No but common sense says just ignore them. Who cares?

brad cook

11. My aim is to public huiliate them........perhaps tie them up to a tree and leave them there with 'I'm a racist jerk' written on a board hung round there neck'. That'd be such sweet revenge.

12. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

nICK ,
    please , just try to let the police do their job .

if you attack someone { in public or online } expect retaliation ...
    things could get worse in a hurry .

i hope your friend recovers and feels better soon , peace be with you . :cool:

13. Well, I hope the police do their job and lock these sh1te bags up, but i doubt it. They'll more likely get a slap on the wrist.

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Dude, stop messing with the townies! I mean, they suck, I get it, but damn. I get a feeling you are starting **** with a huge gang of people who are clearly willing to mess people up.

I'm not saying if you can't beat 'em join 'em, but... I don't know.

On a side note: Nick, don't you have anything positive to say? ;) Everytime you post, you have a new story like this... bad news. Either you've got pretty bad luck, or you are letting your mouth get you into trouble. Which, judging by your posts here on TB... well, I'm not gonna say. ;)

Basically Nick, don't get dead. :)

15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    P.S. DO NOT GET REVENGE UNLESS THAT REVENGE IS CALLING THE POLICE!

16. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    That's what I was trying to say...

17. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    It sounds like you did ask for it.

You didnt ask for the initial rascist comments, but if he went into the next room they invited him into, then you were definetly asking for the follow up comments. Why were you guys even chatting with them on MSN?

You also said youd beat the crap out of them and even set up a time and place to meet up.

Stop asking for it and it wont keep happening!

18. Andy Cleaver

Andy Cleaver A show of hands....

Dec 16, 2004
    England, Midlands
    Nick there's better ways of dealing with people like this rather than stooping to their level mate. If you go and get your 'revenge' on these people then your no better than they are. Its much better to let the police deal with it. Just because your not going and 'beating the crap out of them' yourself does not make you or your mate any less of a person. Meeting for fights makes you ten times more of a geek than just leaving them too it and going about things the right way.

I can understand why you're angry at these guys, being racist is enough to anger most people, but seriously go about things the right way. Why get yourself in trouble by taking revenge and stooping to their level?

Take care mate, and think before you act? ;)

19. WE DIDNT GOD DAMN ASK FOR IT!

20. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Look kid, if you talk **** to hoodlums, you're asking for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.