so my idea for my new cab set up...overkill???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by learning_towalk, Jul 23, 2004.

1. ok got my Traynor YBA200 it's time for new's what I'm thinkin...let me know what you think...

Traynor YBA200>
    Schroeder 1210 (4ohm)
    Power amp (connected via preamp out on traynor)>
    Schroeder 1210 (4ohm) on channel 1
    Avatar sb115 (8ohm) on channel 2

over kill???

2. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Probably overkill. Im a big fan of one main cab and adding another when one isnt enough.
  3. I would do it but I'm a fan of lots of speakers anyway.

It certainly isn't necessary but who cares? Get what you want!
  4. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    If you don't mind carrying that much gear, I say go for it. I have an 8x10 cab but I think I want another. I would like to run an effects only rig.
    This will last about a week then I will downscale again.
  5. well the cool thing, is all of these cabs are under 50lbs each....

I don't really care how loud it is, I just wanna move a lot of air :D

make people feel the bass
  6. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    And then when you reach the age of 40 like myself, you will be looking for ways to reduce the weight and the number of boxes as much as possible.

In the meantime, go for it! The only thing to worry about is stage space. If your gigs give you plenty of space and you don't mind carrying all of the gear, then go for it.
  7. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA

Come on man, you just want to have a lot of cabs on stage to look cool. :D Me too!!
    Chicks dig
  8. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    For awhile-i too wanted to get a rig with lots of cabs-i was thinking of getting the Avatar 4X10 & 2X12 to add to my B115H & 2X10...except-i learned after a rehearsel w/my main groups that the 2X10+15 is a bit much, but for the rock band-it fits quite nicely. :D I say, if you want all of those cabs and the power-go for it. That's the reason why i bought the DCM2000, do i "need" or use that full 2k watts @ 4ohms bridged? not a chance-it's for headroom, and i enjoy knowing that i have enough power to play nearly any gig that i can possibly see myself playing without going to a PA supported setting.

I'll give you this recommendation if you end up with as much gear as i, look for a cargo van used if you don't already have a big vehicle. I can fit my entire band's equipment-2 guitars using half stacks, drummer on a 5 piece fusion kit w/loads of cymbals, plus my rig, all of our instruments in hardshells w/backups [so 6 total], and still have room left. Last time i had my sister's washer in there since we were waiting for her to come get it. :D

That being said-i can fit all of *my* stuff in my car, an 84 Impala-with an upright bass in the back seat, the bulk of the rig goes in the trunk w/the electrics behind the front seat.

Enjoy and if you want the overkill setup-get it. :bassist:
  9. thanks for the support :)

i think I'm gonna go for it...

I'm gonna start out getting a Schroeder 1210...then add on from there :D
  10. sorry for the hijack but I was wondering how the YBA200 has been servicing you? Is 200 all-tube watts enough for you when gigging? I'm kinda torn between a YBA200 and a Fender bassman 300 ... and I'm leaning towards the bassman for air-moving potential :)
  11. Over kill? NEVER :D
  12. I haven't got to gig the Traynor (just got it yesterday)

but it's PLENTY loud...I had it up to like volume level 2 and my walls were rattling...

I don't see me getting another amp until this one bites the dust...then I'll try to find another one....

It's an Ampeg SVT but only weighs 45 lbs...I LOVE IT!!!

couldn't be happier!
  13. Serious overkill! Owners of the 1210 will tell you that one is plenty enough! :D

Actually, the thought of a SCHRO 1210 and 2 15s came across my mind a couple hours ago, but 2 1210s and 2 15s on top of that?! But what the hell, why not go for it... at least it won't be as outrageous as the guy on here (whose name escapes me) who runs like 10 Bag End 15s at once (well, not all the time though).

One 1210 probably doesn't look very intimidating anyway since it's so compact. I'm sure it sounds very intimidating though.

14. LOL, for a second there I thought you said balls instead of walls. :D I'm sure those were rattling too though.

Man, I need to get some sleep...